Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sold my MacBook for £530 on eBay the other week but i've hit a snag with it with the guy saying the superdrive isn't working. He took it to the Apple store today and it was told to him that it wasn't accepting dvds and install discs, but only CDs. Now i have no idea what to do here as the replacement of the superdrive costs £130. Now i had no issues with the laptop from my knowledge and wasn't aware of any problem here so for all i know this could have happened in transit, but it was packaged well.

So what do i do? I'm a poorish student who can't really afford to refund him the cash but i need to know who would be in the right or wrong here? What rights do i have, and what shall i do? Thing is he got a good deal on it anyway, my spec was vastly higher than other similar laptops but went for basically the same price. So yeh what shall i do?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    Probably damaged in transit. If you sent by special delivery or courier tell buyer to contact them about making a claim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordan656)
    Probably damaged in transit. If you sent by special delivery or courier tell buyer to contact them about making a claim.
    No he needs to sort it out himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    No he needs to sort it out himself.
    Only the person with the item can make the claim, as they come around and look at it.

You will prob have to give a refund though to be honest, because if he makes a PayPal claim he will win for sure - it's not his fault it's broke and PayPal always side with the buyer except in extreme cases.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.