Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls asking 'Is that your girlfriend?' while I'm out with my sister! Watch

ReputationRep:
    There's been a few times when I've been out in a bar or club with my sister and I've noticed more female attention and had girls come up and ask me 'Is that your girlfriend?'. Why do girls do this? Is it just a jealousy factor of seeing a guy with another girl?

Is your sister ugly?

ReputationRep:
    My thread gets deleted and this one remains. Brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K the Failure)
    Is your sister ugly?
    No she's quite pretty, not overweight or anything either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomm)
    What was your thread about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomm)
    Aw, you poor wee lad.

ReputationRep:
    Means you aren't a killer rapist...

ReputationRep:
    most likely they want to check if you're single before they make a move.
    isn't that obvious? :/

ReputationRep:
    Were you making out with her?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    most likely they want to check if you're single before they make a move.
    isn't that obvious? :/
    I guess so...it just never occurred to me that being seen with another female would cause things like this to happen, especially since she's my sister! Female psychology is, well, interesting to say the least!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-o)
    Were you making out with her?
    Thankfully not! But we were sat at a table talking and having a drink, so we probably looked like a couple, though we do look quite alike in the facial features.

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend gets this every time he's out with his sister. either they ask him if she's his girlfriend, or for those who know that I'm in the picture, they ask him what happened to me. LOL I think it's most likely because he and his sister look unrelated.

But yeah, I think it's because they want to know if you're single or not.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I had guys asking the guy I went clubbing with if I was his gf when I went out monday night.. it was probs a first! The guy I was with is gay, but my fb hubby, so kept telling these guys we were married

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    I had guys asking the guy I went clubbing with if I was his gf when I went out monday night.. it was probs a first! The guy I was with is gay, but my fb hubby, so kept telling these guys we were married
    He CLAIMS he's gay...
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by ColonelMoore)
    He CLAIMS he's gay...
    Oh, he is DEFINITELY gay

ReputationRep:
    Well they obviously want to know if you're single (worth pursuing) or taken (in which case they'll leave you alone).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beadle's About)
    There's been a few times when I've been out in a bar or club with my sister and I've noticed more female attention and had girls come up and ask me 'Is that your girlfriend?'. Why do girls do this? Is it just a jealousy factor of seeing a guy with another girl?
    correct them by saying "no, she's my sister, fancy a drink?"

ReputationRep:
    I feel the same OP in the City of London with my Sisters and Mother shopping i get looks from Girls and i just know it's because they think i am seeing either my Sister or my Mother and i feel really flippin weird and man sick. Plus side of hangin with sister though she haws a butt load of stunning friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Oh, he is DEFINITELY gay
    Yeah, thats what all fag hags say right before they notice the canoe in his pocket as he helps unhook their bras.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by ColonelMoore)
    Yeah, thats what all fag hags say right before they notice the canoe in his pocket as he helps unhook their bras.
    Don't be so bloody rude

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.