Turn on thread page Beta

Girls asking 'Is that your girlfriend?' while I'm out with my sister! watch

Announcements

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    To check if you are single? Apparently (http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/awesome.gif) being with a girl increases you attractiveness in the eyes of other girls.
    That's what I heard. My best friend (who is a girl) offered to take me clubbing last time I saw her, said that somehow any single bloke she goes with leaves with at least a phone number or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    To check if you are single? Apparently (:awesome:) being with a girl increases you attractiveness in the eyes of other girls.
    this is the truth!!!! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think what the OP wants to know is why more he gets more female attention when he is with a girl. I don't think it's to check if you're single OP, since you say when you go without female company, less females actually give you their attention, even though there's no reason to believe that you're taken. I don't know the answer though, it might be because you seem more attractive with a girl than just alone. Then again...

ReputationRep:
    its called 'preselection'. Girls find you more attractive if you already ave a girlfriend or girls fancyingyou. Especially if they are attractive.

(Original post by Beadle's About)
    Thankfully not! But we were sat at a table talking and having a drink, so we probably looked like a couple, though we do look quite alike in the facial features.
    So you said she's nice looking and you look a bit alike hmmm... I think that might just be why you get girls coming up to you

ReputationRep:
    They want to get into your pants, but they want to see if your single first because there worried about getting attacked by her if shes not your gf.

ReputationRep:
    ok y u taking ur sister clubbing??

they might have wanted to make a move on your 'girlfriend' but wanted to check if she was single. i hope u set them straight and scared them off. i hate it when guys check out my sister :|

ReputationRep:
    It's an indirect way of seeing if you do have a girlfriend or not. You reply with "No, this is my sister. I don't actually have a girlfriend at the moment" and we are in.

ReputationRep:
    oops thought u said guys asked you. sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inspirational912)
    oops thought u said guys asked you. sorry.
    Haha ok. Actually I wouldn't mind if guys asked me if my sister was my gf, if they were respectful to me and to her and as long as my sister was single and didn't mind talking to them.

ReputationRep:
    Haha ok. Actually I wouldn't mind if guys asked me if my sister was my gf, if they were respectful to me and to her and as long as my sister was single and didn't mind talking to them.
    lol yes interesting. generally guys that don't have sisters are a lot less respectful unfortunately. if they wanted to talk to her then i suppose i would let her, but when they look at her then i hate it.

ReputationRep:
    There's been a few times when I've been out in a bar or club with my sister and I've noticed more female attention and had girls come up and ask me 'Is that your girlfriend?'. Why do girls do this? Is it just a jealousy factor of seeing a guy with another girl?
    Guys are more attractive when they are with an attractive girl, it's been scientifically proven. Just say no.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.