Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robob)
    A black man.

Noo, they wont fit, you need a black midget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    You're welcome. I also recommend watching the 'pavement arena' dvds by Geoff and Peter Consterdine. (2 leading experts in self-defence and founders of the British Combat Association.)

Geoff teaches the concept of 'the fence' which you will read about it in Dead or Alive and see in his self defence dvds. It's a way of creating a barrier between yourself and your attacker with your hands. It's done in a subtle way so it's not obvious what you are doing and it puts you in a position to be able to strike them if necessary. If it's going to get physical, always hit first and hit hard. If you let them strike you first, it's usually too late.

Geoff teaches lots of different concepts for what to do if it's getting physical i.e. the fence, posturing, verbal dissausaion e.t.c. You can put a big fat line through all of these though if you don't even have your awareness in place as you will just get attacked by surprise and won't have time to do anything so awareness is the foundation of all self defence.

I can't emphasise the importance of reading those books. They could potentially save your life. I know that sounds dramatic and it could be that you will never get attacked and I hope you don't, but you always have to be prepared. People put seat belts on in the car and they might never have a car crash but you can't rule the possibility out so it's always good to be prepared. Some people call it paranoia but it's just basic safety precautions, the same you would take when crossing a road. I learnt the hard way but I've been lucky. Not many people survive one attack, never mind two.

Somebody ruined this thread by being serious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iwwhty)
    You're welcome. I also recommend watching the 'pavement arena' dvds by Geoff and Peter Consterdine. (2 leading experts in self-defence and founders of the British Combat Association.)

Geoff teaches the concept of 'the fence' which you will read about it in Dead or Alive and see in his self defence dvds. It's a way of creating a barrier between yourself and your attacker with your hands. It's done in a subtle way so it's not obvious what you are doing and it puts you in a position to be able to strike them if necessary. If it's going to get physical, always hit first and hit hard. If you let them strike you first, it's usually too late.

Geoff teaches lots of different concepts for what to do if it's getting physical i.e. the fence, posturing, verbal dissausaion e.t.c. You can put a big fat line through all of these though if you don't even have your awareness in place as you will just get attacked by surprise and won't have time to do anything so awareness is the foundation of all self defence.

I can't emphasise the importance of reading those books. They could potentially save your life. I know that sounds dramatic and it could be that you will never get attacked and I hope you don't, but you always have to be prepared. People put seat belts on in the car and they might never have a car crash but you can't rule the possibility out so it's always good to be prepared. Some people call it paranoia but it's just basic safety precautions, the same you would take when crossing a road. I learnt the hard way but I've been lucky. Not many people survive one attack, never mind two.
    You are absolutely right, and I now see my thread question as rather naive now as I suddenly presumed in a random situation one would have time to react to an attack.

ReputationRep:
    Mini Uzi.

If we're talking common, ordinary items- keys perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Biro/ink pen, get them in the neck or eye.

ReputationRep:
    Nail file?

ReputationRep:
    Gun.
    Knife.
    Tazer.
    Pepper spray.
    Personal alarm.

In descending order of actual effectiveness.

ReputationRep:
    pepper spray is actually illegal right? so i'd use body/hairspray
    it could be pretty difficult to get to your handbag in time, so i'd have one of those rape alarm wristwatch things which makes a hideous wailing sound when you press a button on them

ReputationRep:
    Cricket from Men in Black anyone? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)

Fires .45's, only 6.5" long, 10 round mag, and got a 3 dot sight to pop that sucker right in the skull.

Wait, are you not in America?
    god bless america for giving us the second amendment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    If i'm walking at night time, i walk with my keys in my hand...:ninja:
    So do I :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    A hammer.

I walk with my keys in my hand at night or when walking by possible nutters.

ReputationRep:
    Stun Grenade.

ReputationRep:
    pavelow

ReputationRep:
    A brick. Then you just swing the bag at your attacker.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously? Surface-to-air missile and launcher. :yep:

I never leave home without one. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Pepper spray is illegal in the Uk... if I'm not mistaken.

I have a fork in my handbag atm. Stabby stabby stabby.

Randall from Scrubs

The Iron Man armor.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.