Turn on thread page Beta

When did you stop holidaying with parents? watch

ReputationRep:
    Im 20 and still go likely will be for some time to come, even the boyfriend is coming with us next year

ReputationRep:
    i'm 18 and still go with family.
    i've only been on a holiday with my parents once, and i'm not gonna do it again. feels so odd with just them and me. i still prefer if the trip includes my 2 other sisters, way more fun.

plus, a family holiday isn't so bad. they pay for most of the stuff. plus it's not like you're with them all the time, you can ask for money and go off for a few hours or so.

ReputationRep:
    My mum = 13 or so. She loves hot countries and I hate the heat. I burn really easily

My dad = 19, although that was the first one since I was about 14. My dad goes to quite cultural places which I prefer but he tends to go when I'm at school/college/uni to avoid the kids.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I went I was 22, in 2007. 2008 I couldn't afford to because I was having to save as much money as I possibly could for when I went travelling; 2009 I couldn't afford to because I'd just got back from travelling and had no money left; this year I went on a camping road trip round Wales with my BF instead. I may well join my parents for part of their holiday next year though. Depends on what my BF and I are doing, and whether I can afford it.

ReputationRep:
    The last time I went on holiday with the folks was when I was 18 two years ago. However that's the actual last time they went on holiday themselves

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I will..
    My mum still goes on holiday with her mum :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I'm nineteen and still happily go on holiday with my parents. Sure, it got a bit boring being alone at times once I got to a certain age, but I've always had the option of bringing along a friend / my boyfriend so I've been quite lucky in that respect. I love spending family time with them... I'm a bit of a mommy / daddy's girl like that. :p:
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I went on holiday with my mam when I was 24. My daughter (who was almost 3 at the time) and eldest son (who was just turned 1 at the time) came too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm almost 20 now, and last time I went with them was probably some time just after 18. I don't mind it, but really our taste in holidays differ so much that although I enjoy their company, I can't really enjoy the holiday. I spend quality time with them here so I prefer to do my own thing abroad. In fact, I probably wouldn't go with mates either, it's so much better when you can plan your own thing instead of having to compromise.

ReputationRep:
    21 and still do holiday with them, nothing wrong with enjoying a few days of quality time with the parents abroad; especially since it means a free holiday with all the trimmings! Can't go wrong really. Plus I'd kinda feel like I was missing out if they were going to another country while I was sitting at home bored!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 21 and still go with them! They want me there as they prefer a group larger than just Mum and Dad plus I get a fancy schmancy holiday that I would never be able to afford myself. Everyone wins.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 14 I think, I hate the sun so I just stay at home and save them the money.

ReputationRep:
    I went to Malta with them this year. I'm 22.

It was brilliant. There was some friction (just normal family stuff) but it was a wonderful holiday - lots of sun, sea, sand and some brilliant activities like boat trips, scuba diving, snorkeling, etc. I'm someone that loves spending time with family, though. Plus they could afford a really stunning farmhouse. If I'd gone with friends I'd have had to youth hostel it, or something.

My brother didn't come. He didn't want to be parted from his darling social circle and doesn't like relaxing with family. He prefers his computer and people he can 'relate' to. Apparently we just don't understand, or something.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.