Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    From the feedback i get whenever i mention the words lighthouse properties it seems that i'm only one of many who have received a poor service the extent to which I could only describe realistically in expletives written in my own blood. Who else has been there and never looked back? It doesn't apply to all staff but so many of them are rude, obnoxious or simply incompetent at anything apart from raping your wallets and leaving you without any heating/water/hoovers, take your pick the list is pretty endless. No check in inventory and they're usually dirty when you move in. Check out these apples: http://thelinc.co.uk/2010/09/accommo...erty-services/
    Is it an epidemic or are some just pretty unlucky?

ReputationRep:
    STILL waiting for the wireless internet I paid for a month ago.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend just moved into a lighthouse property. When he signed the contract he was told he could get the keys on a date which happened to be on a Sunday, we went down so he could move in but they were closed. It was a good job I still had the keys for my own flat otherwise we would have had to have driven back. We went back the next morning, the sign outside said it opened at 8am, we waited and the woman inside said she could give him his keys but they weren't open until 9:30. Not really bad experiences, just incovenient.
    When he did finally move in the house had damp everywhere, the paint was peeling from the walls and the previous tenants had left loads of rubbish in the bin out back so there were loads of flies and maggots everywhere. Not very pleasant. They also gave him a key that was meant to be for his bedroom but in fact opened no door in the house at all
    He hasn't really needed to be in touch about anything else so I have no idea about the quality or speed of service.

ReputationRep:
    We reported our heating didn't work for a month until they came out to replace the boiler. They also never came out about our hobs not working on the stove. We were freezing for a month and it was only when we contacted the proper landlord that they did something! Glad I dont live in one of their properties now.

ReputationRep:
    lighthouse are awful, I was going to accept the room they offered me because I thought there was nothing else available, but thank God I found a private landlord myself and rented his room,

Lighthouse offered me accommodation without heaters and radiators even though i had to pay for heating.

ReputationRep:
    Makes me feel a bit better about my student village room

ReputationRep:
    Took them two months, and repeated complaints, to fix broken guttering/broken back door (!)/flaw in the building of the back yard, meaning every single time it rained, water poured into the kitchen and we'd come downstairs in the morning to a couple of inches of water covering the floor.

When we moved in, I asked them about a non-standard light that was on my bedroom wall, they said I was fine to take it down if I wanted - in the end I kept it. THREE MONTHS later, a guy turns up while I'm out with a maintinence form for this light he says I've filed, goes in my room, comes out and tells my housemate it just wasn't switched on at the plug - I switch it on and off at the plug cos it's closer, I literally have no clue what that was about!

Added to that we appear to have black mould hanging about..

ReputationRep:
    haha, I'm a fresher living with lighthouse.... well in my housemates room, her window FELL OUT of it's frame when she was trying to open the window only to fall onto her desk and smash her laptop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coco1200)
    haha, I'm a fresher living with lighthouse.... well in my housemates room, her window FELL OUT of it's frame when she was trying to open the window only to fall onto her desk and smash her laptop
    christ! I hope they pay for her laptop! That's really bad!

ReputationRep:
    Lighthouse are absolutely disgraceful, the majority of the staff are rude and obnoxious and don't know how to do their jobs properly. Myself and my housemates rent from them (and we are all graduate professionals now) and they have given us such a poor service that I will never, ever rent from them again. I actually work in the lettings department of a national agent so I know how things should be done and I'm surprised Lighthouse get away with half of the things they do.

ReputationRep:
    I've been with Lighthouse for two months now, and the things that have gone wrong with the house could fill a book. Granted, any house that I moved into isn't going to be perfect and may have one or two things that go wrong with it, but the list of items we have complained about is just plain stupid. Light fittings not working, plumbing causing our back yard to flood, no heating, no internet (not to mention that now we have the internet, it is stupidly slow and always disconnects on Saturdays), no hot water, locks on doors breaking, other things like hobs/extractor fans/sockets not working, only a few channels working on the telly, no tumble dryer that was promised, et al.

They sent us a letter the other day informing of an offer that they would give us if we stuck with them for another year; free internet and paid for TV license, with a TV for the flat. I ripped it up and threw it straight in the bin. With Lighthouse, you feel like you are being conned every time you pay the rent.

ReputationRep:
    It right annoying not having a tumble dryer, we didn't have one either, and our house needed a new boiler fitting so we had no heating to help dry our clothes. It sucked cos they took so long to dry they started smelling funny. Have you tryed to contact your actual landlord as opposed to lighthouse? Ours used to come and do inspections and gave us their number if lighthouse weren't helping us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach [shikari])
    It right annoying not having a tumble dryer, we didn't have one either, and our house needed a new boiler fitting so we had no heating to help dry our clothes. It sucked cos they took so long to dry they started smelling funny. Have you tryed to contact your actual landlord as opposed to lighthouse? Ours used to come and do inspections and gave us their number if lighthouse weren't helping us.
    We asked for our landlords number when Lighthouse told us the reason out house still hadn't been fixed after two months was because it had been passed onto the landlord and he hadn't done anything about it - we were told we weren't allowed it as everything had to go through Lighthouse.

We're having a house meeting when everyone's home to discuss where to live next year... If we stay here we get June free, but I think we'll probably move - the sad thing is it's a great house and perfect for us, but the service from Lighthouse is just too poor to cope with.

ReputationRep:
    Charlestown properties is the safest bet by far if you can get in there quick enough. Excellent service, good properties that are well maintained and you actually get treated like a human being. They actually pride themselves on their property lettings which seems like an anomaly within the student lettings market.

ReputationRep:
    Lighthouse are a complete bunch of idiots! Unhelpful and treat you like dirt!

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends lives in a lighthouse property and there shower broke in october and has only just been fixed last week!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe pavs isn't so expensive after all..well this year anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getinthevan)
    We asked for our landlords number when Lighthouse told us the reason out house still hadn't been fixed after two months was because it had been passed onto the landlord and he hadn't done anything about it - we were told we weren't allowed it as everything had to go through Lighthouse.

We're having a house meeting when everyone's home to discuss where to live next year... If we stay here we get June free, but I think we'll probably move - the sad thing is it's a great house and perfect for us, but the service from Lighthouse is just too poor to cope with.
    Hey some of my friends are looking at a lighthouse property on hewson road where do you live can i ask? Im a little apprehensive as ive heard such bad things!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plusone)
    Maybe pavs isn't so expensive after all..well this year anyway.
    That's now my thinking!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F&A)
    Hey some of my friends are looking at a lighthouse property on hewson road where do you live can i ask? Im a little apprehensive as ive heard such bad things!!
    That's not our house, but I wouldn't announce where I lived exactly on here anyway :p:

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.