Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Car pickups (picking up girls while driving around in your car) watch

ReputationRep:
    If I guy tried this with me, I'd definitely run a mile!!
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    First thing that came to my mind was:
    "Isn't that how prostitution works."

But in my defence I've been watching a lot a lot of criminal minds lately

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_By_Choice)
    Not at all, I'm just looking to chat girls up not hurt anyone!

The reasoning is that I see too many girls while driving to waste the opportunities and I want to know how to best go about this!
    Aye, but as others have said, a bit charvery. Plus most girls (some of my friend girls inc) get nervous, as they're scared that they'll get raped or attacked or something, so want to get out of the situation as quickly as possible.

Can you not meet people normally at work/clubs/bars/university etc?...

ReputationRep:
    I've seen my friend do something like this and it works for him. It's a bit different and not as creepy. He does drive an Aston Martin though. If you've got a top car, go for it.

If you've got a **** car that is the size of a match box, it won't work. It's hilarious when losers play insanely loud music and 'rev up the engine' of their tiny Ford Focus, thinking that it looks cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTstudies)
    Can you not meet people normally at work/clubs/bars/university etc?...

There's a limited selection in work and uni and I prefer cold approaches. I do like nightclubs and the street and shopping malls too, though. In fact I see everywhere as a potential place to meet girls, I don't like to miss an opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    nuh uh I'm not gettin in your car lol

ReputationRep:
    There's a limited selection in work and uni and I prefer cold approaches. I do like nightclubs and the street and shopping malls too, though. In fact I see everywhere as a potential place to meet girls, I don't like to miss an opportunity.
    But what do you want these girls for? Are you just looking for one night stands constantly or a relationship? As 'Car hitching' (Think I made up that word), isn't the good way to make a long lasting one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Do you drive a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jag, high performance - good looking - sports car of any kind?
    No way could I afford a car like that. Only posers drive around in those sort of cars, and I don't want to look like a poser.

To be honest, all I can afford right now is a second hand car around 10 or 15 years old, a second hand Astra or Mondeo maybe.

I'm quite into old cars from the 1980s, I did see a revamped C reg Ford Granada going for 200 pounds but the guy who had it (one of my dad's mates) said it needed to some work on it or it wouldn't get through its next MOT. So I thought nah I'll save my money!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTstudies)
    But what do you want these girls for? Are you just looking for one night stands constantly or a relationship? As 'Car hitching' (Think I made up that word), isn't the good way to make a long lasting one.
    Just meet them, get to know them and see what happens really I guess, if we like each other then maybe a bf-gf relationship if not then just something more casual I guess I'm only young so not looking to settle down into a commuted serious relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Unless your picking up 15 year old girls round the back of asda or prostitutes your not going to have any luck, trust me.

ReputationRep:
    do you actually believe that girls appreciacte this type of behaviour? Only desperate guys do this...ones that are desperate for one thing. Creep.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever girl you do manage to pull has gotta be pretty damn stupid to get in a car with someone she just met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Do you drive a Ferrari, Aston Martin, Jag, high performance - good looking - sports car of any kind?

Are you driving your mum's Polo?

If the answer to the first question is no, and to the second, yes, then you've got about as much chance as the undoubtably hopeless guy you are already.
    This. You are going to have to have such a nice car for this to actually work. And cause your a 17 year old boy I am doubting that this is the case.

If you pull up to girls in your 1.2 3 door red corsa with the blue spare part bonet they are going to laugh at you.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt advise doing this, its chavvy and cheap. If you wanna meet girls, try to do it as normal as you can, by going out places and meeting them inside. Im sure if you seen one whilst in your car, you would only be judging on a quick glance. Learn the hard way, and get the best girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HappySadHappy)
    do you actually believe that girls appreciacte this type of behaviour? Only desperate guys do this...ones that are desperate for one thing. Creep.
    Ditto on this.
    Desperate much OP
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No way could I afford a car like that. Only posers drive around in those sort of cars, and I don't want to look like a poser.

To be honest, all I can afford right now is a second hand car around 10 or 15 years old, a second hand Astra or Mondeo maybe.

I'm quite into old cars from the 1980s, I did see a revamped C reg Ford Granada going for 200 pounds but the guy who had it (one of my dad's mates) said it needed to some work on it or it wouldn't get through its next MOT. So I thought nah I'll save my money!
    Austin metro is car of choice for this, youll pull some gash in no time mate

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1MdpahtL1Q&ob=av2e

ReputationRep:
    That's ******* weird dude.

ReputationRep:
    It astounds me that people actually do this. What the hell does your friend say to the girls he tries to chat up in this way? People like that spoil girls for the rest of us: they learn very quickly that all men are creeps and it doesn't pay to be forward with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theths)
    erm stranger danger much?

when someone attempts to talk to me from their car i usually reply to whatever they're saying and then speedwalk away asap
    it really is just very very weird and comes across as slightly pervy

edit: to be fair they are always a lot older than me/pretty slimy
    i would still be a bit creeped out if some randomer offered me a lift though
    that's how people get kidnapped o.O
    This. I was always warned about this sort of stuff from childhood, so it's not about to change now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.