Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Car pickups (picking up girls while driving around in your car) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    It's weird when guys do that.
    I hate it:mad:
    I agree, my girlfriend is quite insecure about going out on her own because guys perv over her in cars especially yardie men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon_By_Choice)
    I've got a mate who goes for drives in his car around his area in the summer to see if there's any good looking women about. If he sees one he parks his car up and then gets out and talks to her to try to chat her up.

I'm thinking of trying this myself when I get a car but I don't want to come across as creepy. Should I pull over and wind the window down and offer them a lift? Or just park my car round the corner where they can't see me, then get out and talk to them?

It won't be till next summer at least because I don't have a car yet and also it's too cold and dark to do this in winter, but anyway I'd like some advice, cheers.
    Honestly, if you were walking and started to talk someone, then yeah i find that okay, but if you actually stopped the car that might come across as creepy to somebody, especially if you offer a lift!
    Tbh when people do this i actually speed walk away.

Here's some advice to other girls, don't actually decide to be rude in the end when they don't give up, because they tend to get really aggressive! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FTstudies)
    Sounds a bit rapey to me
    What that guy said.

Also "rapey" is a truly excellent adjective.

ReputationRep:
    i would rather you park you car and then get out to talk to her.
    personally, if someone rolled down their window, my first impression is that theyre VERY desperate and need someone just to get in bed with them.
    im just being honest, lol ive had the rolling of the windows done to me a couple of times before and all i just do is give them a dirty look and keep walking, no matter how good looking the guy is.

hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it. Get a hobby, join a club, go down the pub. These are places people could possibly be looking for a partner - not when they're on the way to asda... If I saw someone park up, get out the car, and come straight for me, I'd feel a bit worried that they were "a bit rapey" as someone has already suggested.

ReputationRep:
    Only posers drive around in those sort of cars, and I don't want to look like a poser.
    Are you serious?? This comment, coupled with the original post, means I have just about no respect for you at all.

Do you think this would actually work? Not one single girl I know would get in to a complete stranger's car. Go to a club if you want to pick up girls.

ReputationRep:
    That is scary.. My parents told us not to talk to strangers and not to accept their offers.
    You're not the only one doing this you know, some people do this to do some serious scary stuff.
    I almost got kidnap when i was a kid.

ReputationRep:
    VERY CREEPY! Sorry, but it is!

ReputationRep:
    If someone in a car rolls up next to me on the pavement my immediate thought, without even looking at them or the car is: PERVERT RAPIST. I'M GOING TO BE KILLED. RUN.

So yeah, don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a mate who goes for drives in his car around his area in the summer to see if there's any good looking women about. If he sees one he parks his car up and then gets out and talks to her to try to chat her up.

I'm thinking of trying this myself when I get a car but I don't want to come across as creepy. Should I pull over and wind the window down and offer them a lift? Or just park my car round the corner where they can't see me, then get out and talk to them?

It won't be till next summer at least because I don't have a car yet and also it's too cold and dark to do this in winter, but anyway I'd like some advice, cheers.
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOL this whole post has got me in absolute stitches hahahahhahahaha!!!!

Mate if you got the balls to pick up girls like that fair dous, i personally think, bare in mind im not being racist i have alot of black freinds, but picking up girls with ur cars is kinda like a black man kinda ting.

P.s ROFL

ReputationRep:
    You are the reason I carry a rape alarm.

ReputationRep:
    Are you Pakistani and from the north of England by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beci.please)
    You are the reason I carry a rape alarm.
    LOL ^ +1

ReputationRep:
    Don't roll down the window and offer a total stranger a lift. :lolwut: They will think that you're trying to rape them. And it is very creepy. What kind of total moron climbs into a stranger's car?

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure they're not prostitutes?

ReputationRep:
    I've been approached like this before by chavs while walking down the street at night, needless to say I was freaked out and declined their offer.

The only girls that would agree to it are either stupid chavs or little girls that believe cars and 'older' guys are cool.

ReputationRep:
    facking wierdo

ReputationRep:
    "Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?"

Oh, and make sure your car has ample boot space/backseat.

(jk)

ReputationRep:
    Haha. This is well weird. This is pretty much how sexual predators operate (before they get all sexually aggressive and stuff)

Word of advice: Don't do it please

ReputationRep:
    This sounds very rapey. When this happens I just try to ignore them and walk away. I would never accept any lift offers. It's rapey, scary and desperate.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.