Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

why cant i do these laps? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive been doing both rowing and sprinting for years and have improved at sprinting. The thing is im worried about my health because for years Ive thought I was fit yet last week I tried to run laps doing 90 seconds a lap and I couldnt do more than 2 I was so out of breath:confused: I tried again a few days after but its so hard for me. I can do 7 almost flat out 150m sprints with 3 mins rest so im not totally unfit but how come I cant do 90 second laps? It just feels too fast for me.

ReputationRep:
    Because you adapt quite specifically to what you train: you were not training that specific groove/pathway so you will find it difficult at first. You will adapt in time.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.