Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to withdraw and do a different course at a different university? LSBU still has places available.

My student loan letter only just came so I can always fill out the 'change of circumstances' form... Then give it to the new uni, right?

I DEFINITELY want to change course. Help!

ReputationRep:
    From what to what?

And the reason LSBU still has places is because virtually no one wants to study there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    From what to what?

And the reason LSBU still has places is because virtually no one wants to study there.
    Regardless of that, it's possible I presume? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sizzzla112)
    It is, what uni are you in atm? If you want to go to LSBU just call them up and ask if there are places available for the course you want to study. If its the course you don't like, why don't you see whether your uni still have places available on other courses you might be interested in?

I don't think you're supposed to take the 'change of circumstances' form to new uni, just sent if off to Student Finance so they know that you've changed course/uni.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't judge the course on just the first week to be honest. If the degree is going to give an end result that you want to reach then try it out for at least a couple months. The first week is rarely representative of what the whole year is going to be like.

What is it about the course you don't like?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can still change. Like what was already said, call the uni you want to change to and if they agree to take you. You will then need tell your uni so they can release you so LSBU can accept you. And you can do the change of circumstance through student finance online. :-D

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, why would you want to go to LSBU? You might as well get a degree from your local college.

ReputationRep:
    Most unis will let you transfer to another course with them providing you got the entrance requirements and they have places left. Easier to do this if you like the uni but just not the course. You might want to wait another week before you make up your mind though, as the first week can be the worst and certainly the most tedious, what with all the "getting to know you" crap and the welcome lectures.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'd rather not have a degree than from one at LSBU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandymoonlight)
    yeah you can still change. Like what was already said, call the uni you want to change to and if they agree to take you. You will then need tell your uni so they can release you so LSBU can accept you. And you can do the change of circumstance through student finance online. :-D
    Yay awesome, can this be done without going into my current university, i.e. over the net/via post etc? How easy is it to be released from your current uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Most unis will let you transfer to another course with them providing you got the entrance requirements and they have places left. Easier to do this if you like the uni but just not the course. You might want to wait another week before you make up your mind though, as the first week can be the worst and certainly the most tedious, what with all the "getting to know you" crap and the welcome lectures.

The longer I wait, the harder it'll be to transfer though..?

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to withdraw and do a different course at a different university? LSBU still has places available.

My student loan letter only just came so I can always fill out the 'change of circumstances' form... Then give it to the new uni, right?

I DEFINITELY want to change course. Help!
    LSBU is ranked at 113/114 in UK tables.......why the hell would you want to study there? Just get a job and stop wasting time and money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    LSBU is ranked at 113/114 in UK tables.......why the hell would you want to study there? Just get a job and stop wasting time and money.
    Just out of pure interest where's ranked 114?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTC1409)
    It's a bin in Hyde Park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cpchem)
    It's a bin in Hyde Park.
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LTC1409)
    LSBU London South Bank Univeristy.

ReputationRep:
    Yay awesome, can this be done without going into my current university, i.e. over the net/via post etc? How easy is it to be released from your current uni?
    Hey, well I tranferred before the start of my degree so I contacted the uni I wanted to go to, and they said just call up my other uni and explain you want to be released into clearing, and my uni did it that day, then the uni I wanted to go to told me to add them on clearing so they could accept me. And it was all sorted.

After that I went on student finance online and changed what uni I was going to on the website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mandymoonlight)
    Hey, well I tranferred before the start of my degree so I contacted the uni I wanted to go to, and they said just call up my other uni and explain you want to be released into clearing, and my uni did it that day, then the uni I wanted to go to told me to add them on clearing so they could accept me. And it was all sorted.

After that I went on student finance online and changed what uni I was going to on the website.

did you actually start the uni or was this before you actually started btw?

ReputationRep:
    This was a week before I was due to start the degree

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.