Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to do PGCE Primary in London...

I hear that IoE is a good choice but I'm really stuck for the other choices.

Any suggestions or tips welcome!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Apply where you want to work afterwards / do placements / is near to where you live.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGCE Member)
    I'm applying to do PGCE Primary in London...

I hear that IoE is a good choice but I'm really stuck for the other choices.

Any suggestions or tips welcome!

Thanks
    Make sure that you fulfil the IoE's work experience requirements as they're quite specific.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm ok for the work experience but I'm fairly undecided as to where I want to work. I was just wondering whether any uni stands out a bit more than others???

Thanks for the advice though !

ReputationRep:
    I went to IOE and did my Primary there, completed it in July this year, IOE is a VERY impressive place to do your PGCE especially if you want to work in London.. lots of schools have very high praise for the IOE and its students.

It is VERY competitive to get in, the year I applied there were 5,000 applicants for just over edit: 200 places, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

If you want more info just ask!

ReputationRep:
    IoE is really good.
    My sister did her PGCE Secondary there last year.

Kings?

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

I hear only good things about IoE so I thought I might as well give it a shot! princessnavi22: Could you give me some advice for the interview process and generally what happened??? And also a little about the Maths and English tests??

Thanks for the help and encouragement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGCE Member)
    Thanks guys!

I hear only good things about IoE so I thought I might as well give it a shot! princessnavi22: Could you give me some advice for the interview process and generally what happened??? And also a little about the Maths and English tests??

Thanks for the help and encouragement!
    Well for my interview I had to go there and do the Eng and Maths tests which are a bit eeek! I did some mock GCSE maths before, for english they do ask some rather random questions.. but also brush up on things like what nouns, verbs, pronouns etc are.

I then had to go into a room with another candidate and 2 interviewers.. and I had to talk about what makes a good teacher and what 'good' teaching i have observed and why it was good. This bit was scary as the other student is listening, and if you go 2nd you could feel a bit inadequate if they're really good! Luckily I went first!

THEN finally I had a one on one interview about why I want to teach etc and what current issues there are in teaching etc!

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.