Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting bullied because of teacher's comments watch

I will try to keep this short as possible. Over the last few weeks, we have been getting ready to apply to university, ucas forms and all. We were being given differing advice on a particular aspect of the form, so I decided to phone up ucas (twice) and ask about it. Anyway, the way they told me to fill up the form is how I did it.

When others in my year naturally also confused about this, asked me how I had done it, I replied telling them what the UCAS advisors had told me (and I did mention this). This is also the same advice as the TSR stickies.

Anyway the teacher dealing with UCAS today decides to insult me about this infront of the whole year. Saying that I had given out incorrect 'advice' and that he didn't care if I 'messed up my application, but he did care that I was messing up that of that of others'. How I can blamed for what they put down on their form, I do not know. When I tried to protest my innocence, I was effectively told not 'to argue'.

I hadn't told anyone to listen to my 'advice' and I was merely saying what I was told. Besides, this teacher is meant to check the fine details anyway. He could easily have taken me aside and told me in private. However, he decided to ridicule me infront of everyone and told me that I had 'misunderstood everything'. It's not like I forced everyone to put what I heard on their forms. I say everyone but in all honesty I can't think of more than 2 people who I had given this 'advice' to but he claimed a lot more students had done it.

Now, people are constantly making fun of me. In every single lesson, on facebook, everywhere. E.g. 'You should not give advice, you ****.' To the point, where it can be classed as bullying.

Is there anything that I can do against the teacher because it was his naivity and purposeful attempt to mock me that sparked it off?

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you have quite a good case to take to the headteacher and get the arse disciplined. especially if you have UCAS and TSR advice behind you.

ReputationRep:
    what was the 'advice'?

(Original post by hey_its_nay)
    what was the 'advice'?
    That the 'other' box on ucas was not meant for your UMS marks and that you can if you wish leave all your grades down as pending as they haven't been cashed in yet.

ReputationRep:
    That teacher does sound pretty harsh. I'm sure it'll all die down though. Out of interest, what did you advise that your teacher claims is incorrect?

ReputationRep:
    EDIT too late

The teacher sounds like a bit of a douche though

ReputationRep:
    See your head and get the teacher disciplined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    That the 'other' box on ucas was not meant for your UMS marks and that you can if you wish leave all your grades down as pending as they haven't been cashed in yet.
    it is true that you can leave your grades down as pending so i dont see what the problem is. And at first i thought the second box was meant for ums too.

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

You actually think that counts as being 'bullied'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeffy91)
    See your head and get the teacher disciplined.
    do this

Ok, first thing on monday I will go see my head of year about it. He is busy with UCAS as friday is the deadline so I probably shouldn't bother him for the moment. Thanks all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'd tell the Head Teacher too.

What he's said is wrong, and for deemining you in front of everyone else to clearly cover the tracks of his own mis-interpretation of the UCAS System isn't something that a Teacher should do.

Go to the Head Teacher's Office tomorrow, tell him/her what's happened and demand that they sort it.

After that, it'll be sorted pretty quickly. The Head can't afford to have one of his/her students talking badly about the Teachers there, so it'll result in a quick clear up.

Good luck! And don't take it to heart. He's in the wrong, not you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.