Turn on thread page Beta

how many calories should I be eating per day?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    heyy i know there are online calorie counters but wanted to see what you guys thought XD

I'm 8 stone and 5'5 and exercise about twice a week for like 25 mins each (a little pathetic I know but |I'm trying to get better:rolleyes: )
    I want to lose about half a stone....how many calories should I be eating?

ReputationRep:
    Until you're not hungry anymore. If that's not working, you're probably eating the wrong foods, and/or you have unrealistic/unsustainable expectations. But half a stone doesn't seem unrealistic for most people, unless you weigh 6 stone.

ReputationRep:
    Your BMI is 18 (bottom end of healthy range). If you lost half a stone you'd have a BMI of 17.5 (underweight). Are you sure you really need to be losing weight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia.jane.91)
    heyy i know there are online calorie counters but wanted to see what you guys thought XD

I'm 8 stone and 5'5 and exercise about twice a week for like 25 mins each (a little pathetic I know but |I'm trying to get better:rolleyes: )
    I want to lose about half a stone....how many calories should I be eating?
    You should eat 2000 calories a day, now because you are 8 stone and 5'5 your BMI is on the low level. Dont take much notice of your BMI its not the best way for finding if your under or over weight. You should be eating protein and carbohydrates this will give you the energy you need to exercise and the protien will build the muscle. the only thing with protien is that its 3 times heavier than fat so cut down on the protien if you start to put on the weight. If you want to loose the weight then you should do it by calculating how many calories you are loosing whilst you exercise. Then find how much you are eating in calories. then just burn more caloires by exercise than you are taking in. This takes time but is the best way.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.