Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically I dated this guy for a year and had really strong feelings for him. We went through some horrible times, including me having a miscarriage around 9 months into the relationship. He dumped me out of the blue (honestly, we'd seen each other the day before and it'd all be great) and has now suddenly struck up a relationship with his ex not even 3 days later.

I'm not the type of person to obsess over someone but this really hurts. I don't know what to do to make it stop or get better, I'd appreciate some advice on how to stop thinking about him.

ReputationRep:
    Start a new hobby, make new friends online and go out a little more (:

ReputationRep:
    Go and get a haircut/nails done.
    Go and buy some new clothes.
    Go out for a drink with friends.
    Take a really stunning picture of yourself and put it as your profile picture.

That's what I would do.

ReputationRep:
    getting over an ex is never easy but the best thing you can do is to cut him off completely and stay close to your friends. i know its hard now but we all have to go through this stuff at some point or another and its best if you deal with it now rather than putting it off until later. just remember its not the end of the world

ReputationRep:
    It makes it easier to get over someone if they're a d***, so you've got that on your side by the sounds of it. Get rid of all photos, gifts etc. or at least box them up. The big one is just cutting all contact (no phone numbers, facebook, email etc.). Once there is no reminder or way of contacting them, the healing process is much faster.

As for tips - keep yourself busy, see friends more etc. etc. Look at the positives of being single - more time to do the things you enjoy and no more comprimising. Write a list of everything you hated about being with him and when you're having a weak moment, just remind yourself of all these faults. You'll feel better in a few months time, even if the process isn't linear (obviously some days will be worse than others...). Eventually you'll get to the stage where you're totally fine without him and probably don't even give him a second thought.

ReputationRep:
    Guitar Hero
    I swear to god, it's how I'm such an expert
    Or y'know anything that you need to concentrate on

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 29, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.