Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This has been happening since 2007 or 2008.

The hot, sunny, summery weather starts as early as the middle of April. It generally continues, on and off, until the end of June (we have had a somewhat mini heatwave at the end of June this year and last year).

This hot weather happens when most young people are doing exams or revising for them - GCSEs, A Levels, university exams etc. Then July it turns to autumn almost. I swear this July, I hardly ever saw the sun come out! Apart from the rare sunny day, autumn comes really early - in late July/early August, when it should be summer, when young people are on holiday. Autumn lasts till November time.

Then we get Winter which lasts until late February/early March these days. Spring lasts all of a month, maybe less. And the cycle continues.

What is up with the weather and seasons? I swear when I was younger, summer used to come in late May/early June and last all the way through till late September. The seasons were how they should be, not this **** pattern of summer happening right in the middle of exams then crappy autumn/winter weather for the rest of the year. :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    i do not know what to say

ReputationRep:
    but i remember last year or the year before, the october in the year felt like like early autumn/late summer and it was apparently the warmest october recorded or something...

ReputationRep:
    At least you got hot weather
    Up here there wasn't even a summer :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man in the Mirror1)
    This has been happening since 2007 or 2008.

The hot, sunny, summery weather starts as early as the middle of April. It generally continues, on and off, until the end of June (we have had a somewhat mini heatwave at the end of June this year and last year).

This hot weather happens when most young people are doing exams or revising for them - GCSEs, A Levels, university exams etc. Then July it turns to autumn almost. I swear this July, I hardly ever saw the sun come out! Apart from the rare sunny day, autumn comes really early - in late July/early August, when it should be summer, when young people are on holiday. Autumn lasts till November time.

Then we get Winter which lasts until late February/early March these days. Spring lasts all of a month, maybe less. And the cycle continues.

What is up with the weather and seasons? I swear when I was younger, summer used to come in late May/early June and last all the way through till late September. The seasons were how they should be, not this **** pattern of summer happening right in the middle of exams then crappy autumn/winter weather for the rest of the year. :mad2:

1) Seasons aren't always the same. The weather just doesn't work like that. Our preconceptions are based on general trends.
    2) 'I swear when I was younger' is a terrible justification, your memory of these things will be incredibly poor and biased, you could not remember most of it and still think that you do. That's just how memory works.
    3) 'Then July it turns to Autumn' makes no sense as a statement. If you mean it rains, then you probably want to readjust your preconception of 'it doesn't rain in summer' rather than saying 'In summer it can't rain, so if it rains then it must be Autumn'.

ReputationRep:
    I swear it was hot in july...or am i imagining a hot summer ¬__¬

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Lolerpool lost way too much last season.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Zionist conspiracy

ReputationRep:
    Global warming

ReputationRep:
    Stop moaning mate ... New Zealand is still suffering from aftershocks from the Haiti-equivalent earthquake that shook it on the 3rd of this month ... atleast your house is still standing and you don't live in an earthquake/tsunami/volcanoe prone island.

ReputationRep:
    Environment damages

ReputationRep:
    I think the reverse is happening. Autumns happening later...winter only really gets going in mid January. Thats my experience anyway.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.