Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm just curious as an international student from the far east, i've never really come into contact with mead before but i like the idea of honey wine....since it's an olden days mother-of-all alcohol ancestor drink, i have no idea where you can find it nowadays. Anyone know which pub sells it?

ReputationRep:
    I've not seen it other than at the Bath Ales brewery shop. Join BRA (real ale society) and ask if they know!

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes Morrisons have it, but its called goldern mead and its disgusting. seach monicack mead on google or monks mead or go to reenactment events (thats where i buy it, as a reenactor myself). Mead is delicious. Also English Hertiage places sell it in their shops, don't know how nice that stuff tastes though

ReputationRep:
    Try The Guild half way up Park Street. They have a food section upstairs, its the sort of thing they'd stock. BS1 5JY.

Failing that Chandos Deli might sell it , if they don't they might know who does. There are quite a few dotted around Clifton and Whiteladies. http://www.chandosdeli.com/

ReputationRep:
    I would almost guarantee Corks of Cotham would sell it, they sell every type of alcohol imaginable and I believe they can order drinks in for you if they don't have it.

It's on Cotham Hill, which you will be going up everyday if you are at Stoke Bishop halls.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.