Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else experiencing this? I occupied myself with a job with fairly long shift times over the summer to earn a bit of money for uni - maybe to pre-emptively pay off the debt or to at least deal with the first wave of expenses roundabout freshers' week.

This has left me fairly lethargic and lackadaisical. I haven't made much headway in tackling the lengthy list. I'm doing a joint subject -Maths and Computer science. Therefore I have twice as much reading to do as a single subject student.
    However, these books are meant to enthuse you and NOT
    to give you a headstart in terms of content.

The fact that I haven't read all of them is not entirely my fault: some of these books are very expensive - sometimes in excess of £40. Hard to get at a library within 30 miles of you and nearly always on loan.

I've only managed to read about six so far; started a few very long ones ( Road to Reality - wth?) and just abandoned them. I've got 12 left and less than two weeks until the start of freshers.

To those that have already started university - did you find that many people hadn't read all of these books that were meant to "enthuse" you?

Did you procastinate your reading?

Are you doing a joint subject or a single subject?

Any thoughts would be appreciated - thank you.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.