Is the american life really as cool as made out in da movies? Watch

This discussion is closed.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
i was advised by my teachers to go to a uni here, i've been told that a lot of the universities in the usa are not even up to the a level standard in the first year.
i don't know if it's true. I'm quite content living here, even though i'll miss my parents. I'd be homesick if i left. I'll have them for the first few months when i start uni in sept.
fred0202
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
That is said between friends here, which is genuine.

Here all the workers in the shops and restaurants are definitely not as false as the people who work in these places in America
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by fred0202)

Here all the workers in the shops and restaurants are definitely not as false as the people who work in these places in America
have u been to the US, my cousins are american, they're pretty geniuine ppl, including my friends over there.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
British Universities being so much better than US, is just British Superiority complex. There are a lot of great schools in the States and their programs are of a very high standard.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
I've been 3 times, I just get the feeling that the people who work with the public are just being false, don't get me wrong I like America it has a lot of good points but also has its bad points.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
NO AMERICANS ARE GOOD PROPOGANDISTS…they make themselves look superior to others, who are always degraded
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Great, dude. Since you have obviously met every single resturant and puplic service worker in the United States I guess you can therefore say with out a doubt that every single one of them is so false when they tell you your welcome.

Have a nice day!!!!
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ThornsnRoses)
NO AMERICANS ARE GOOD PROPOGANDISTS…they make themselves look superior to others, who are always degraded
both are brilliant. The ppl i've met in the states are lovely and the ppl here are great and i'm proud to be british and have great american cousins and friends. Let's be less anti-american over here.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
I am not anti-american, I like Bush (which is pretty rare in Britain) I thought the war in Iraq was the right thing to do, I think Americans are very respectful of other cultures. I also like most of the American culture.
ThornsnRoses
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
both are brilliant. The ppl i've met in the states are lovely and the ppl here are great and i'm proud to be british and have great american cousins and friends. Let's be less anti-american over here.

uhuh....i also have american cousins and friends...stating the truth is hardly anti-american. They are after all the biggest advocators of 'free speech'
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I am not anti-american, I like Bush (which is pretty rare in Britain) I thought the war in Iraq was the right thing to do, I think Americans are very respectful of other cultures. I also like most of the American culture.
i actually can't stand bush. He makes me mad...i think that's probably one of the reason ppl seem a bit apphrensive about the us - because of him!
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I second that!! I have nothin against British people at all, so why hate me cause I'm from Texas.

Group Hug everybody.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
I don't think people in Britain hate America they hate Bush, I like Bush, he is good for the economy and national security but for some reason British people hate him.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't think people in Britain hate America they hate Bush, I like Bush, he is good for the economy and national security but for some reason British people hate him.
Being an American in the UK, there are a lot of British people who hate Americans, some seem to think I'm solely responsible for George Bush's decisions, why I'm not really sure.

The rest just make fun of me, but thats all, I guess I can live with that.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 101mphfastball)
I second that!! I have nothin against British people at all, so why hate me cause I'm from Texas.

Group Hug everybody.
ur sweet. Bush is aiming for world domination...i don't like him...i hate his policies and sometimes i think he's living in his own dreamworld.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 101mphfastball)
Being an American in the UK, there are a lot of British people who hate Americans, some seem to think I'm solely responsible for George Bush's decisions, why I'm not really sure.

The rest just make fun of me, but thats all, I guess I can live with that.
They are probably very narrow minded people who have never even been to America but just get there judgements from the BBC (which is not very pro-american) and the liberal media in this country.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
u were being v narrow minded earlier on when you branded american's as fakes.
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
I said the people who work in the shops and restaurants are very fake to their customers it is one aspect of american life that I do not like, I did not say Americans are generally fake.
waiting2smile
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I said the people who work in the shops and restaurants are very fake to their customers it is one aspect of american life that I do not like, I did not say Americans are generally fake.
And the ppl who work in shops and restaurants here aren't? My uncle owns a store in califonia...i never considered him being fake to his customers...
fred0202
Report 16 years ago
And the ppl who work in shops and restaurants here aren't? My uncle owns a store in califonia...i never considered him being fake to his customers...
They aren't as nearly as fake as is in America.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (216)
67.92%
No (102)
32.08%

Watched Threads