Turn on thread page Beta

Is the american life really as cool as made out in da movies? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fred0202)
    They aren't as nearly as fake as is in America.
    oh stop being so narrow minded it's so infuriating - i suppose you've been to many US stores

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    oh stop being so narrow minded it's so infuriating - i suppose you've been to many US stores
    How am I been narrow minded when I here all the "your welcome" and "sures" I just have a gut reaction of not liking it and a feeling that it is false.

ReputationRep:
    A ton of my friends work in resturants, its kinda common job when your in college, I would consider none of them fake. In fact many of my friends have served me when I ate at the resturant they worked, and they were never fake to myself, or anyone I could see them talkin too.
    Not only that as an American I don't consider the service in resturants I have had, with the exception of some folks in Minneapolis to have ever been anything but genuine.

ReputationRep:
    Just cause you don't like someone sayin "your welcome" or "have a nice day", it don't make it fake. Though I may not have said it with deep overwhelming passion, I always mean it. I would never want someone to have a bad day.

ReputationRep:
    How am I been narrow minded when I here all the "your welcome" and "sures" I just have a gut reaction of not liking it and a feeling that it is false.
    'your welcolm' and 'sure' is sweet, it's warm, it's like any greeting over here

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it is just how I feel but I don't know if it is the area you go to in America, I noticed it much more in Phoenix than San Francisco.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it is just how I feel but I don't know if it is the area you go to in America, I noticed it much more in Phoenix than San Francisco.
    thank you 4 not generalising it to the whole of the US

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    thank you 4 not generalising it to the whole of the US
    It aint never fake in Texas.

Y'all have a nice day now!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to go to Dallas but heard that it is not too safe is that true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)

It's been nice talking to u guys, i need to get some sleep - and 101mphfastball, if ne1 gives u any stick here - set them right - anyway a lot of ppl i no adore americans, night xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 101mphfastball)

Not even the silicon ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    ouch - there's no emoticons to show a wry smile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    Well maybe you have a point, but Texan woman don't go for that I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waya)
    Really? Where are these 'people' I've never met any.
    You've obviously never listened to American "talk radio" shows then.

ReputationRep:
    If an alien was told about earth and then landed in the USA...he wouldn't beleive there was anything else of earth outside its borders.

USA has everything - think of all the variation within the country

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2004
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.