Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, its a waste of time.

Such love looks good only in the books, because in real life their are so many variables.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ripellino)
    I'm waiting but it will never happen
    Same, I think. :woo: :woo: (/sarcasm)

ReputationRep:
    3 years and counting sofar, no sign of me giving it up yet.

ReputationRep:
    A mate of mine actually waited for this girl through a relationship of 6 months, then they actually did get together (he worked hard for it) and they've now been together for 3 solid years, going strong.

He'll propose to her once she's back from her year abroad.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    We were together.
    she wasn't ready for a relationship
    so I waited
    She asked for us to get back together.
    We broke up again.
    I waited again.
    The second time it took forever for me to get over her. Had to move hundreds of miles away to uni in fact.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I should have done.

ReputationRep:
    I waited and it was a waste of time! Three years of missed opportunities for meeting someone different and I'm only 18 sheesh. I'm okay now though

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not really.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, for three years, and then I met someone who completely took my breath away <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Romantically?

How long, and was it worth it?
    Trying to decide whether it's worth it

Sometimes I know it is, though

ReputationRep:
    It's never worth it. Both sides will jump ship at the first chance after a month or 2 - seen it happen on plenty of occasions. Just make sure you're the one doing the jumping because it hurts to get left behind.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and no it wasn't worth it because they were stringing me along.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm not really the kind of person who would ever wait for someone. Although, I guess when I first met my boyfriend he did this whole "not gonna happen" thing, but I changed his mind after a few weeks. That was almost like waiting? xD

ReputationRep:
    Ive been fortunate enough to not have to wait =]

ReputationRep:
    I am still waiting..(sorta) and hoping.

Ack yeah, and what a horrible experience it was. But in the end I gave up (ie got drunk ) and made my move, and now we're together!! I say its worth sticking around, but not so much that you get messed around. Eventually you're going to have to make them say yes or no for sure, or it'll kill you : )

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for a guy who I KNOW likes me, he's told me so as well, but he's a "football boy" in our uni, and feels like he has to not settle down or w/ev or he will be seen as 'weak' or something.

We haven't known each other that long tbh, and I don't wanna rush into it, but I feel he's afraid to let go and admit how much he really likes me. I can tell by the way he looks into my eyes and pulls me towards him so tightly and wraps his arms around me that he does like me. When he thinks I'm not looking he looks at me with this little expression that could break my heart....

But because of the "rules" in the football society, and the netball society I'm kinda a member of, there has to be all these stupid games and stuff, and all the girls keep telling me to ignore him and not talk to him or go up to him on nights out and let him come to me. Then I see him sat with his mates, but just staring into the distance like he's all alone, and I just wanna go and chat to him, coz last week 2 nights in a row we were out and we literally were together all night just talking for hours and hours.....

I'm prepared to wait for him, because even though we haven't known each other long I can tell he's worth it, I just get this feeling that he's gonna play a really important part in my life.

I feel so special when he comes up to me and talks to me, on Monday I was really ill in bed and we were texting all day then he came round for a few hours to make sure I was ok and we just cuddled up and watched tv and I was so happy. But then sometimes I get really paranoid he's ignoring me coz of the whole not going up to him thing and he doesn't come up to me....

It's just so frustrating coz I know he's a really nice guy but he's keeping up with this stupid 'rep' that he feels has to get with the girls and not care about anything!!!

All of the football guys have it, and I'm willing to bet half of them are actually nice guys too, but they're all so afraid of showing it, its pretty tragic really...

sorry this is so long, I think I just needed to rant it out....

But yes, I do think waiting is worth it, as long as you know you are doing it for the right reasons.

ReputationRep:
    No, never. When I like someone, I REALLY like them but I find I tend to lose interest pretty quickly if nothing happens. Theres this one guy though, who as cringy as it sounds was my 'first love' but yeah it didn't work out - but I'd wait for him, I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I fell in love with someone when I was 16. Four years, three relationships and a lot of heartache later, we got together.

We've just passed our 2.5 year mark as a couple.

So yes, I waited for him for four years, always knowing that I'd drop everything to be with him. We are now very happy and living together.
    Oh my gosh this makes me so happy to read about :p: I'm happy for you!

OP, similar situation for me, so yes, years, and it was worth it, but we're not yet living together (too young anyways) :rolleyes:

If you are going to do it, make sure you know you can win him/her over one day and that he/she really is the one for you.

ReputationRep:
    5 years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.