Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever 'waited' for someone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Best part of 3 years. Done waiting tbh - telling them when I see them next.

ReputationRep:
    What is all this waiting?

Waiting for the bus? For a meeting?

One cannot romantically 'wait'! What a load of ********. This just means you like someone and they don't like you back. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimi-h)
    What is all this waiting?

Waiting for the bus? For a meeting?

One cannot romantically 'wait'! What a load of ********. This just means you like someone and they don't like you back. End of story.
    You're not really telling the same story as those who have "waited" and are now in a great relationship with the same person they "waited" for, are you?

Obviously you wait for someone romantically if they don't like you back, but you can't seem to get over them for whatever reason. Not the end of the story all the time as we have seen. :P

Yeah, I waited five yars, and it turned out she wasn't interested.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, One and a half hour [meeting my love]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chelle-belle)
    You're not really telling the same story as those who have "waited" and are now in a great relationship with the same person they "waited" for, are you?

Obviously you wait for someone romantically if they don't like you back, but you can't seem to get over them for whatever reason. Not the end of the story all the time as we have seen. :P

Liking someone, them not liking you back, and you "waiting" for them to like you back.....that's what "waiting" is? That's not "waiting", that's just giving a ridiculous title to a very hopeful person feeling unrequited "love". Just silly teenage nonsense. No point breaking your back over someone who doesn't like you. It's just knocking your own self esteem.

ReputationRep:
    6 months now we've been together for 18 months - perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mimi-h)
    Liking someone, them not liking you back, and you "waiting" for them to like you back.....that's what "waiting" is? That's not "waiting", that's just giving a ridiculous title to a very hopeful person feeling unrequited "love". Just silly teenage nonsense. No point breaking your back over someone who doesn't like you. It's just knocking your own self esteem.
    All true. But that is what we mean by it - with the hope that one day the love will be returned. I like to think of it as waiting until they realise ;D Of course that never happens to some people.

ReputationRep:
    I have been waiting for about 18 years now. You kinda get used to it but you often get the surge of just argghh...

Oh...and Im 18 :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Nope. If she doesn't feel the same way I'm able to let it drop and move on.

ReputationRep:
    So, this waiting is just you know the person doesn't like you, or that you don't know, and you really like them and want to be with them? If so then yes, it has happened to me twice. the first I waited 3 years, then I moved on, because she seemed a little shallow. The second, we were both teased about liking each other, since a few people though I liked her. She started saying how she wanted to go cry in a corner because of the embarrassment. I got over her as well, waited near to a year. We were pretty close, so what she said really did upset me.

ReputationRep:
    We broke up because she didn't want to keep on going knowing I was going abroad. I told her I could wait. Which would entail waiting until July next year. But, lately I think "******* hell, man; this is Erasmus. Erasmus = Orgasms. Go get some." -- she's worth the wait, but, I don't want to go back knowing I've wasted a potentially 'good' year just for her to turn me down because she's moved on in the meantime.

[And I sound like a douche. Epic.]

ReputationRep:
    yh, im still waiting and getting fed up. too long a process!

ReputationRep:
    i have. thankfully nothing happened and i found someone wayyyyy better

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm kind of waiting while someone clears their head, but I don't know if I'll give up soon...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I fell in love with someone when I was 16. Four years, three relationships and a lot of heartache later, we got together.

We've just passed our 2.5 year mark as a couple.

So yes, I waited for him for four years, always knowing that I'd drop everything to be with him. We are now very happy and living together.
    That's great I can only hope my waiting situation turns out something like that. It's been like a year now and although I've appeared to move on (through an attempted relationship) it didnt work because I couldn't get him off my mind. Oh well, least there's some hope XD

ReputationRep:
    For a few months when he was out the country sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Ish but not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Yeah, for around 5/6 years. Never amounted to anything though.
    ditto.

ReputationRep:
    why would anyone do that??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.