The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been with my girlfriend for one month short of three years. We're together, but she lives in America, and I very rarely get to see her. Over a period of two years I saw her four times - a week each time. We speak whenever we can, usually every day, and I'll call her by phone or computer, and we manage well. It looks like it'll be another few years at least now before we'll be able to be permanently together again,
Reply 61
CatatonicStupor
We broke up because she didn't want to keep on going knowing I was going abroad. I told her I could wait. Which would entail waiting until July next year. But, lately I think "******* hell, man; this is Erasmus. Erasmus = Orgasms. Go get some." -- she's worth the wait, but, I don't want to go back knowing I've wasted a potentially 'good' year just for her to turn me down because she's moved on in the meantime.

[And I sound like a douche. Epic.]

This is actually the exact situation I'm in! And I'm going to Italy on my ERASMUS year :O

I feel like I could keep it going for a year if I tried but part of me is thinking is it worth all that effort for a relationship which is pretty flawed (and yet perfectly compatible) anyway? Though I don't want to come back and see him with someone else..Too many eggs for too many baskets

Sidenote: How is Italy?
Anonymous
This is actually the exact situation I'm in! And I'm going to Italy on my ERASMUS year :O

I feel like I could keep it going for a year if I tried but part of me is thinking is it worth all that effort for a relationship which is pretty flawed (and yet perfectly compatible) anyway? Though I don't want to come back and see him with someone else..Too many eggs for too many baskets

Sidenote: How is Italy?

Exactly - on the one hand, it's all romantic (and ****) to wait for the one person you feel a connection to; on the other, it seems like a lot of effort when there are "plenty more fish in the sea" -- and yet there's always that feeling, when you want to give up, that says "If you go back and she's with someone else you're either going to regret not being 'up front' about waiting...or you're going to regret not searching for other girls for a no-strings relationship while abroad"

Honestly, I'll find out on Monday. I got some nice reactions to wearing a t-shirt last night that said "If you can read this, it's dark and you should kiss me" in glow-in-the-dark letters. Shame it never got dark enough for it to glow; but Monday is traffic-light-party so who knows :eek3:

And Italy is marvellous, Anon#1. If you have any questions about it, or Erasmus, my inbox is always open. :smile:
I had a thing with this guy about 2 years ago, and we were on and off for around 6 months, until he got a gf and his dad passed away so he said he needed space and time to clear his head to figure out what he wanted. he was my best friend so i continued to see him regularly, this didnt help at all.. i waited 18 months, until this summer he ignored me for the entire time his gf was home from uni and as soon as she had gone he decided to give a damn again. we thought we were soulmates.. but he's still with her, and i'm still waiting. he didnt even think to comfort me when some guy attacked me in the streets or when my grandad passes away. it definately wasnt worth it, so why am i still so hung up and waiting for him? :/
my advice is don't wait to get your heart broken because it just ends up leaving an unfillable hole inside x

Latest

Trending

Trending