Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start my second year of studying French at university. And it has become abundantly apparent that I'm not pleased about it. Over the past year I'm done very little work, not taking the trouble to learn an awful lot, not out of laziness but because I just don't care about the subject. Surely this is not supposed to be.

I want to switch Ancient History, which was the subject I initially wanted to apply for here but didn't because I didn't think I'd make the asking grades (I actually exceeded them in the end). Term starts in just under a week. I know it's late in the day but do you think there's any chance they'd let me switch outright, even though obviously I'd have to be a first year again? I'd really like to stay at the university I'm at. And I don't want to quit the course I'm currently on only to reapply next year, not be accepted and end up courseless and stranded.

ReputationRep:
    They're not obligated to, but there's a chance you could get a course change if they have any spaces on the course. Email the Ancient History department ASAP. Explain the situation and give them your A level grades. Best of luck.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.