Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance estimated payment date - no money yet! watch

ReputationRep:
    Just before I give them a call, I have an estimated payment date of the 27th of September and I haven't received a penny yet. Absolute zilch. I've had no problems with them paying me when they say they will before so it's all a bit confusing at the moment!

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or has experienced something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    Just before I give them a call, I have an estimated payment date of the 27th of September and I haven't received a penny yet. Absolute zilch. I've had no problems with them paying me when they say they will before so it's all a bit confusing at the moment!

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat or has experienced something similar?

i believe that is the date they put for most students, i think it is now up to your uni to inform them to make a payment once you finalise your enrolment.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a bad credit history?

ReputationRep:
    Have you (re)enrolled at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistifanos)
    i believe that is the date they put for most students, i think it is now up to your uni to inform them to make a payment once you finalise your enrolment.
    I'm a second year student. All I had to do was confirm my attendance for entering the second year which I did on the 20th :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubWeMet)
    Have you got a bad credit history?
    No, it's very good. I've had no problems with student finance paying when they say they will before.

ReputationRep:
    I got mine 4 days after the uni confirmed my enrolment.

ReputationRep:
    my status only changed to submitted last night, and i enrolled on the 20th

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it's a bit "hit and miss". Some of the people in my uni got their payments 7 days earlier than it said (typically I wasn't one of them!) and yet I have a friend who was supposed to be paid on the 20th hasn't been paid yet and SFE insist that there's no problem!

I don't understand how this happens year after year. It's the 21st century everything should be computerised and automatic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    I'm a second year student. All I had to do was confirm my attendance for entering the second year which I did on the 20th :confused:
    i got mine 3 days after enrolment, it should not take more than five working days after your first attendance. if not, go talk to the finance office in your uni.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.