Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    He's probably caused more economic damage through lost productivity etc than his life is worth (a life is worth like ~£1.2 million). So someone should just push him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tefhel)
    He's probably caused more economic damage through lost productivity etc than his life is worth (a life is worth like ~£1.2 million). So someone should just push him tbh.
    Shall we do that with cancer patients that need expensive drugs aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Shall we do that with cancer patients that need expensive drugs aswell?
    They didn't deliberately endanger their lives. So, no.

ReputationRep:
    They didn't deliberately endanger their lives. So, no.
    You were saying a minute ago it is due to more economic damage than there life is worth.. are you now shifting the goal posts?

ReputationRep:
    You were saying a minute ago it is due to more economic damage than there life is worth.. are you now shifting the goal posts?
    No. And it was 19 minutes ago.

ReputationRep:
    No. And it was 19 minutes ago.
    So because someone presumably has a mental illness rather than a physical they should not get the same help? Says all I want to know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    Why's he called the birmingham jumper?
    He aint done any jumping yet.

They should called him the birmingham stander instead.
    I prefer the Birmingham Balancer.

Alliteration ftw. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    So because someone presumably has a mental illness rather than a physical they should not get the same help? Says all I want to know.
    When someone is knowingly and deliberately causing hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of damage to a regional economy there comes a time when 'being patient' doesn't make economic sense. I'm just saying that if someone were to give the guy a little nudge over the edge, they wouldn't really be blamed. That is all.

ReputationRep:
    When someone is knowingly and deliberately causing hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of damage to a regional economy there comes a time when 'being patient' doesn't make economic sense. I'm just saying give them a little nudge in the right direction, that's all.
    Yes, I presume he took the economy into account.. because thats what suicidal people do..

Frankly why they have not put one of those mats down and then tried to forcefully get him is beyond me.. best case you subdue him.. worst case he jumps onto something which at worst gives him bruises.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qaz25)
    credit to him... I would have needed the toilet after a couple of hours....
    This, is it wrong that this is the first thing I thought of after reading the article?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a sad reflection on society,when we don't see all human life as sacred. The poor man obviously has issues,perhaps partly brought by the society we all live in. We seem in this country to care more for animals than we do people.

He may be selfish,but he is just as selfish as those who worry about getting to work or getting home. And frankly at least he has the excuse of not being in his right mind.Perhaps they can 't use one of those inflatable things,because of the location,who knows.

I hope he comes out of this alive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    Maybe he's got to the stage that he's been up there so long, and caused so much disruption, that it would damage his pride to back down now. The realisation that he HAS wasted a lot of time and resources.
    Interesting point.

ReputationRep:
    Has he come down yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awoodrow2)
    Has he come down yet?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-11448726

ReputationRep:
    i'm glad it ended safely.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, thank god.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A woman at the M5 motorway bridge between Junctions 3 and 4 wanted to do the same thing.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/b...5233-27382432/

But this one ended safely too.

http://www.birminghammail.net/news/b...5233-27382289/

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.