Turn on thread page Beta

thinking about dropping accomodation and commuting after xmas? watch

ReputationRep:
    i have just started uni a week ago and i get on with my flatmates however am not into the clubbing/getting drunk scene , i only live an hour away by train and only have lectures 3 days a week . so i was wondering whether commuting would be a good idea next term(already paid rent for this term) , anyone else done this and what are there experiences of this?

the reason i am thinking about commuting is because it will save me money and i will get to see my girlfriend more , but whats everyone elses opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew1992)
    i have just started uni a week ago and i get on with my flatmates however am not into the clubbing/getting drunk scene , i only live an hour away by train and only have lectures 3 days a week . so i was wondering whether commuting would be a good idea next term(already paid rent for this term) , anyone else done this and what are there experiences of this?

the reason i am thinking about commuting is because it will save me money and i will get to see my girlfriend more , but whats everyone elses opinion?
    Hi!

Many people commute to university so you should not have a problem there. I will be honest an hour is a long time to be on train but its only three days a week so chances are it won't be that bad! The only problem I can see is you have proberly have all ready signed a residential agreement which I know with my university they will make you pay the fees for the rest of the year. However you can get out of this residential agreement by finding someone else who will take up your hall place but you will have to check with your halls office on that. Remember you'v only just started university so give it a good few weeks to see what living in halls is like. You never know you may change your mind!. Anyway all the best!

ReputationRep:
    If you really think it will be worthwhile then go for it, just check that the technicalities will work out - ie will you have to find someone to take your place in the accommodation or will the uni do it etc etc. I think for most people halls is a great place to make friends at first but once you're settled and know more people it's less necessary and you'll stick with the friends you already have.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.