Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys happy with paying £40 non-refundable charge for testing your own electronic gear when there is no need to.
    Nothing in law or legislation demands tenants (for thats what you are) should do this.
    Nobody else at other Unis in Dundee have to do this, only Abertay students and others living in Opal 1

I think it's a technicality for the Endsleigh insurance coverage. You're right in saying that you don't have to do this when living in University of Dundee accommodation (Sanctuary Management Services) but I think the insurance arrangements are different.

I was more pissed off about the testers arriving at different times (didn't even come to my block for the first time until 1pm on the wrong day) to what we were told and getting in the way of everyone. ******** did they have their own keys, we had to stay and lock up after ourselves and some people missed classes.

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky in the fact the testers arrived as I was leaving, I was expecting them not to lock my door but when I came back I found that they did lock it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.