Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i voted for real change, tends to be more like real bs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Well yes that is what happens when you are in a coalition. And considering the amount of seats they got in proportion to the amount of policy they have got into the agreement, they have done rather well out of it.
    Understandable, but I'd still rather hear what Clegg actually thinks about certain issues, rather than the constant 'the coalition's position is....'.

Basically, in my opinion, he's just acting as Conservative's *****, and has gone against everything he was standing for with the Lib Dems, in order to get political reform.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys...There anyone who wants to train some capoeira lessons???We can create a team of at least 12 people. Whoever intrested to please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to today's episode of cutting through the ********! With me, loveable chidona.

On today's episode we cut straight through the paragraphs of ******** that Nick Clegg wrote and capture the essence of each answer. Sit back, enjoy.

(Original post by CJ)

Question 1 - In the lead up to the election, responding to a question about the digital economy on The Student Room, you said “It badly needs to be repealed, and the issues revisited.” There is significant public opposition to the Digital Economy Act. Will the government repeal it? If not, why?

Deputy Prime Minister, Nick Clegg:
    Nope.

-----

Question 2 - When will you as a government start listening to the advice from professionals such as Police Officers on Crime and punishment, Teachers on what our education system needs, doctors and nurses on what the NHS needs? As a second part to that will you follow scientist's advice in the classification of drugs?

I'm just going to repeat your question back at you.

-----

Question 3 - Are you planning to introduce an EMA alternative (such as a card), scrap the £100 bonuses or just scrap it altogether?

Read the ******* website.

-----

Question 4 - What guarantees can you give that any ideas submitted through Your Freedom and Spending Challenge will actually be taken into account by the government? I can’t help but think that the government will simply ignore any it doesn’t like, but then will spin the ideas they are doing anyway in their favour as a sign of public support...

Haha, you're right bud.

-----

Question 5 - With growing proof that speed cameras do not curb deaths in the locations they're placed (and also deaths at that location not caused by vehicles adding to the total before a camera is placed) will you be telling other county councils to follow Oxford's lead in scrapping them all?

You sure do talk a load.

-----

Question 6 - The Criminal, Justice, and Police Act of 2001 allowed for police to hold indefinitely the DNA samples and fingerprints of anyone arrested for a recordable offence, even if found innocent or released without charge, will you repeal this act?

Yes! (I know, right?)

-----

Question 7 - If protest and free speech are part of every person’s liberty then will you repeal the acts which are intended to stop terrorism, antisocial behaviour and serious crime, but which in effect only stop legitimate protesters? In particular the Terrorism Act 2000, and other legislation which prohibits protests near Parliament.

Woah, is that the time?

-----

Question 8 - The Sunday Trading Law is a medieval law that should be revoked. Why should businesses be restricted by a religiously invoked law, of which many people don't believe? Businesses should have the right to trade by normal hours on a Sunday, should they so wish. Agree or disagree? Why?

I agree that wikipedia is a good thing. Here is what it taught me.

-----

Question 9. - Labour had suggested last year youngsters should be doing compulsory community service: "That would mean young people being expected to contribute at least 50 hours of community service by the time they have reached the age of 19" to quote Gordon Brown. This is an insightful idea but aimed at the wrong group in my opinion. Surely, this would be a better idea for those who are on benefits who refuse work and satisfy taxpayers to an extent, what are your thoughts - criticising or not on this idea?

Probs won't happen mate.

-----

Question 10 - During the election David Cameron pledged to create a website for students to provide information about costs/benefits of going to university. You created the Your Freedom site which may or may not yield benefit for students, will you deliver the student site as promised which almost certainly would provide tangible benefit?

Blah blah blah DONE BYE.

----------

What are your thoughts? Do you agree/disagree with the above?
    As to what I thought - eh, what did you expect? Generally questions didn't really connect, with Clegg generally saying nothing that couldn't be found out by just doing a google search (although there were some nice questions - especially the Sunday trading one, which was neat - disappointing answer though).

But.

WHERE WAS THE QUESTION THAT CONFRONTED THE ECONOMIC LOGIC OF THE UPCOMING AUSTERITY CUTS?!

Literally, the most important thing this coalition is going to do in its Parliament, yet instead a question about flipping speed cameras that some 10 year old probably concocted after watching Top Gear made it in to yawns forum wide. (I am assuming that there was a question about the upcoming cuts that was proposed, because if not I'll be really, really sad.)

ReputationRep:
    No questions on Afghanistan, the cutting of MOD funds or his policies/opinions on Trident? Pity...

ReputationRep:
    Wtf?! Did I miss something out or did nobody actually ask about the planned rise in bloody tuition fees and why he has suddenly gone from promising to scrap them to wanting to ******* increase them?!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -beads-)
    Milliband was better; shame he retired.

its easier to be more frank in opposition

ReputationRep:
    For a website about students there didn't seem t be anything about fees etc. For instance the graduate tax that will see students paying back their fees and paying for tax later on when it comes into law (now both sides agree on it). Also, what about Graduate courses that have to get CDLs. What about the fact that students who only get income in the way of loans have to pay 50% council tax whilst people on benefits (who aren't all frauding the taxpayer in my opinion) get it free. I used to support Lib Dems but now I'm not so sure. It seems all sides are going a bit extreme these days.

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely feel that he is pulling his weight in the coalition, unlike the common view that he is 'Cameron's puppet.' Keep up the good work Nick! Let's see you get through some more of those Lib Dem policies.

ReputationRep:
    Someone should have asked whether he thinks that the conversation he had with Fifa that was quoted in the Independant will have had a detrimental effect on our chances to get the World Cup... that ******* idiot.

ReputationRep:
    no respect for this power-hungry fool who ran after the coalition deal going against everything his party stood for. Can't wait to turn 18 and stick my cross next to the labour box...and what's good to see is all the ex-Lib Dems are backing our constituency's labour candidate where it has previously only ever been a 2 horse race between Lib Dems and the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    Nick just hedged around every one, he's clearly spineless - should have asked him about his promise to abolish tuition fees and how he can explain himself.

Look forward to the next election where I will vote for labour.

ReputationRep:
    how does david camerons penis taste?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogercbinboy)
    Nick just hedged around every one, he's clearly spineless - should have asked him about his promise to abolish tuition fees and how he can explain himself.

Who introduced tuition fees and then tripled them? You get three guesses...

ReputationRep:

Who introduced tuition fees?

hmmm. :puzzling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
    Who introduced tuition fees?

hmmm. :puzzling:
    Failing to take into account that Miliband hasn't yet had a chance to take the lead of this country whereas Clegg and Cameron have and in my view have failed. The cuts are understandable but the speed and intensity has yet to be proven necessary.

I will be voting labour because in no way do tories deserve my vote and I feel that even if lib-dems got a new and a good leader, this would have damaged their popularity so much that it would be a wasted vote giving them another chance.

ReputationRep:
    Failing to take into account that Miliband hasn't yet had a chance to take the lead of this country whereas Clegg and Cameron have and in my view have failed. The cuts are understandable but the speed and intensity has yet to be proven necessary.

I will be voting labour because in no way do tories deserve my vote and I feel that even if lib-dems got a new and a good leader, this would have damaged their popularity so much that it would be a wasted vote giving them another chance.
    I will vote for our glorious leader, Call me Dave.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I had no idea stores weren't open normal hours on a Sunday in England...that's weird :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    -----
    On drug classifications specifically, scientific advice is hugely important. These decisions are usually complex and sensitive, and the less politicised they are, the better. The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs plays an extremely important role, providing high quality, independent and expert advice, which we will of course consider in future decisions.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2...e-drugs-policy

LOL.

ReputationRep:
    oh the irony politics have truley messed up the world

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.