The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've only retaken a maths module so far- stats (eugh). I got a C first time, a good A the second time. Meant my maths AS was an A (just!) instead of a B.
Reply 21
I got AAB.

Without resits I would have still gotten AAB.

Although the A in Psychology would have been much lower (I got like 564/600 UMS).

Although you could argue that all the extra revision I did for Psychology was the reason I did so well in my A2 exams (I aced the synoptic paper). So it could well have been ABB.
(edited 13 years ago)
Geography and maths would be the same. Physics would be lower :sad:
My AS sociology would be a B instead of an A.

I got a C in one module and retook it and I got an A, and I got an A in the second module too.
Instead of A*BB would have been ACB
Exactly the same. I did 3 resits: S2 (71 to 78), M1 (80 to 83) and a french module (low A to slightly higher A) and they did not affect my overall grades.
If I remember rightly from what I resat (it's been a while now :tongue:, before you whippersnappers had your A* grades), I would've got a B rather than an A in chemistry, but I don't think my other two resits effected anything. Still would've got into my uni of choice, as I only needed 3 A's (so maths, further maths, physics even without chemistry).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
nescafe236
An A* in Eng Lit and you can't even write a sentence. I think you meant to ask If you had never RETAKEN an exam....

Oh dear.

Yeah, what's more ironic is that I berate people in my sig for not being able to form sentences. I could use a mixture of tiredness/hyperglycaemia as an excuse, but meh.
I would have still got an A* in further maths, all my other A2 modules averaged at over 90

but if i got my history coursework remarked/redid it i would have pulled myself upto A*A*A*A*A*a, which would be cool, and if my school let me, I couold have pulled up my averages by 5% and had no exam results below 95%, which would also be cool
Not done any retakes.

If I could have 'retaken' (i.e. put effort into) my history coursework I'd have had an A* there, could probably have gone up to an A* in English too if I didn't hate ****** poetry so ******* much.

**** you Philip Larkin you miserable, bald headed ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
My grades would be the same but I'd have got a lot more stressed about them!
Don't have the numbers to hand but reckon I'd have got ABC instead of ABB. Only did 2 retakes (both in the same subject) and both went up a fair bit
Reply 32
I still would have had my A* in Maths! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Probably.
A*DE or A*DD
I would have A*AAB instead of A*A*AB.
-beads-
I still would have had my A* in Maths! :biggrin:

Surely the pumpkins would cancel to give 1? :p:
Reply 36
Only change would be maths down to A. However this is only because I sat it a year early, so it's kind of fair anyway; I hardly re-sat the AS modules.
Reply 37
I would have 8A*s and 3As at GCSE instead of 9 and 2. My AS results would be the same.
Reply 38
Mine would be the same. I only resat one exam which I already had a low A in (had been a B when I put in for resit, but our whole years marks were put up slightly afterwards), and went up to 100% (No A*s in my day :biggrin:). Meant second year was easier though, as I didnt need as high marks to get my A I needed.
If I retook any exams, it would mean I had failed the first time :frown:

Latest