Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need of a bit of advice here.

Right i started a business management foundation degree (2year course with the option to do a top up degree and convert it into a BA).
    But last week my mom has declared herself bankrupt, im still living at home by the way, so i have been forced to pick more shifts up at work which i dont mind but there on my uni days!

Im only in Mon/Tues from 9-3 so its not exactley the most intensive course out there by any means so the question is do you lot think it is a possiblilty to not go to the lectures and self study?

All the material is avaliable through the uni intranet and i have already spent £130 on the text books for the year. The exams in the first year look very simple, things such as reports and multiple choice tests.

Is it very important to turn up to lectures for the first year or with a bit of self dedication can i do it alone?

Any advice welcome
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.