Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an A*AA prediction. I'm applying for medicine this October. If I apply to a university that is asking for an AAB, what are they likely to offer me?

Thanks.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    AAB or higher depending on how much they like you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of wording the same thing. My predictied grades are ABB. But if im applying to a university that wants BBB, is it pretty likely they will expect BBB rather than my predicted grades. Or could they offer me a place for ABB grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy12345)
    I'm sort of wording the same thing. My predictied grades are ABB. But if im applying to a university that wants BBB, is it pretty likely they will expect BBB rather than my predicted grades. Or could they offer me a place for ABB grades?

Surely you are not applying for medicine??:curious:

or are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    Surely you are not applying for medicine??:curious:

or are you?
    thats not the question.
    Uni will never base u an offer on your predicted grades. The offer will always come as the lowest entry requirements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daisy12345)
    Maybe they give BBB offers to students but they expect your predictions to be at least AAA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    Maybe they give BBB offers to students but they expect your predictions to be at least AAA?
    Exactly - this is why many people don't get into their so-called backups..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knugs)
    thats not the question.
    Uni will never base u an offer on your predicted grades. The offer will always come as the lowest entry requirements.
    Not true at all.

Many courses will give low offers to candidates that they want on the course.
    Less commonly, some will receive offers higher than the 'typical offer' (which is what most people call the minimum requirement - it's nothing of the sort).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.