Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BF used to hit disabled GF watch

Announcements

Anon for obvious reasons

OK, hi, so I have recently been going out with a guy who’s a little bit older than me (he’s in his early thirties, I am 21) and recently found out that years ago, he used to live with his then-girlfriend who was seriously disabled (I do not know how though) and that a few times when they argued it got ‘violent’. I didn’t ask for any details, and I’m not going to ask again. He is, now, incredible sweet, normal, and you would never expect that of him. He’s since had therapy and things and sounds like he’s sorted out the anger issues he used to have. I know he’s had long term gfs since that he never got violent with.

Do TSR think I should be concerned? Just how bad is disabled-person hitting?

ReputationRep:
    xD - that's the only time that smiley has represented what I'm thinking.

Disabled-person hitting.. Could be a new sport in the paralympic games

ReputationRep:
    She should of pulled a wheelie into his groin

ReputationRep:
    LOL at anonymous #2 :rofl:

I would've repped him/her for that :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'd say that was pretty bad :/ But then again, if he's changed then he probably deserves a chance.

It depends how much you believe he has changed and whether he seems to regret it and whether you feel comfortable with him knowing what he's done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In2deep)

feel free too!

ReputationRep:
    Did he hit her accidentally with like a Frisbee in the park as shown here?

Or was it deliberate hitting?

(Original post by In2deep)

Damn, I feel I should reveal my identity now.. But I fear I may get more bad rep than good rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Damn, I feel I should reveal my identity now.. But I fear I may get more bad rep than good rep
    Don't bother now, you would deffo get negraped :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Anon for obvious reasons

OK, hi, so I have recently been going out with a guy who’s a little bit older than me (he’s in his early thirties, I am 21) and recently found out that years ago, he used to live with his then-girlfriend who was seriously disabled (I do not know how though) and that a few times when they argued it got ‘violent’. I didn’t ask for any details, and I’m not going to ask again. He is, now, incredible sweet, normal, and you would never expect that of him. He’s since had therapy and things and sounds like he’s sorted out the anger issues he used to have. I know he’s had long term gfs since that he never got violent with.

Do TSR think I should be concerned? Just how bad is disabled-person
    hitting?
    anyone who abuses a disabled person deserves to die

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Either you're a troll or he is trolling you IRL.

ReputationRep:
    recently found out that years ago, he used to live with his then-girlfriend who was seriously disabled (I do not know how though) and that a few times when they argued it got ‘violent’.
    How do you know he was the one who got violent? Maybe she used to ram him in the shins with her wheelchair?

Also, on a tangential note, I'm surprised there's not been more commentary on the fact that this guy is a decade older than you.

ReputationRep:
    did he use a frisby?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.