Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi people this is my first time on this site . I am just really indeed of some help. I am utterly depressed at my current university. I failed in my A levels and only got one A and 2 BB's . Now i am stuck and out of options. I studied history, sociology and philosophy and ethics at sixth form. I was predicted 3'A's , but a few things happened and that wasnt the case.

Also, I am currently at university in my second year, as a law student. Now the problem is i hate my current university with a passion. I am so unhappy its unimaginable. I would like to resit my A levels this year and apply for another university next year . But , this is where the problem arises. I have rang up and researched a number of university's and it seems, even if i did resit a couple of modules and got my 3 A's they would not consider me. This is based solely on the decision that they do not accept students who have done resits.

Now, the question is what should i do ? I would only need to resit one or 2 modules in history and one in sociology. I would like to apply to kings or soas or queen mary university. I am currently attending brunel university in west london. I received a 2 .1 for my first year at this university.

I would just like to know if i stand any chances of getting in to these university's if i did resit and received 3 A's. Please help i welcome your opinions as well as your suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    You could look into transferring to a different university, one that you think you would be happier with. You will have to phone round and find out if it would be possible and what level you could start at.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.