Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Cleaning Jobs watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    There is a job at a local hospital which would involve cleaning or serving food to patients.

The food one is 20 hours which I think is too much with 6th form.

But the cleaning is 15 which is probably more reasonable. I have a friend who cleans at a school, but I'm not sure how different it would be at a hospital.

Anyone got any advice or experience of either?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to a cleaning job at a school which is 20 hours a week. When you think that it's 4 hours a day monday-friday it's really nothing in terms of the times etc. I'd assume it's four hours a day for you then too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    I'm applying to a cleaning job at a school which is 20 hours a week. When you think that it's 4 hours a day monday-friday it's really nothing in terms of the times etc. I'd assume it's four hours a day for you then too?
    Yeah four or three hours per day. It's just I, or should I say my mum!, worries that come January it'll be too much work on top of revision and things. But then some days I finish early and if I use my time well then I should be fine.

Are you in sixth form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Yeah four or three hours per day. It's just I, or should I say my mum!, worries that come January it'll be too much work on top of revision and things. But then some days I finish early and if I use my time well then I should be fine.

Are you in sixth form?
    No I'm not I'm too old for Sixth Form :P But 4 hours a day is fine plus it's quite easy work and it's much better than working at a Supermarket which will most likely make you do overtime whereas a cleaning job won't. I'd say go for it 'cause it is much less workload than working for a supermarket. I've worked for a supermarket before and it's just too much on top of studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spinnerette)
    No I'm not I'm too old for Sixth Form :P But 4 hours a day is fine plus it's quite easy work and it's much better than working at a Supermarket which will most likely make you do overtime whereas a cleaning job won't. I'd say go for it 'cause it is much less workload than working for a supermarket. I've worked for a supermarket before and it's just too much on top of studies.
    Ahh okay! Yeah I did think it would hopefully be the set hours each week. I know some people who work in supermarkets that have hours all over the place! Thanks for your advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fortunecookie)
    Ahh okay! Yeah I did think it would hopefully be the set hours each week. I know some people who work in supermarkets that have hours all over the place! Thanks for your advice
    Your welcome and Cleaning jobs get paid very good for an hours work (£6 and up) so go for it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.