Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you get an uninterested girl, interested in you? watch

i met a couple of girls down the freshers club a few days ago and fortunately managed to get their numbers.
    Now im into this girl and really like her - but i know shes not interested in me because whenever i try to talk to her when we are at university; she ALWAYS diverts the convo and talks to some other random person and goes off without a bye.
    I know most here will say i should just give up straight because shes not interested - but i think i can still give it a shot because i dont want to quit so easily... plus i like challenges :ahee:
    I have her number but i have to currently initiate the first text for her to reply - but she still replies.

Any help will be good

ReputationRep:
    Dude seriously get someone who actualls likes you!! Hard enough falling for someone who doesnt like you back, get over it while its still easy to

ReputationRep:
    chloroform.

(Original post by KJ21)
    Dude seriously get someone who actualls likes you!! Hard enough falling for someone who doesnt like you back, get over it while its still easy to
    Yh but its hard to know whether girls actually like me. They could aswell give a smile but deep down inside they might despise my very existance or something..i dunno.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's unlikely they despite your existance.

Pretty sure you can't force somebody to like you. Why would you want some tricks or advice to make somebody like you anyway? I think you want somebody to genuinely like you for who you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yh but its hard to know whether girls actually like me. They could aswell give a smile but deep down inside they might despise my very existance or something..i dunno.
    Ignore her for a few days, see if she comes near you or tries talking to you.. If not, you know where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her you used to be an astronaut.

ReputationRep:
    Rohypnol

ReputationRep:
    Uh huh OP, I like what I can't have too; it's even better if they have a boyfriend :yep:.
    Haven't quite worked out the strategy yet though...

(Original post by TSR King)
    Ignore her for a few days, see if she comes near you or tries talking to you.. If not, you know where you stand.
    Other boys have already started hitting on her. Naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR King)
    This...

Also whatever you do dont pull the old 'pretend to be more interested in her friend' trick. Even if it works on a girl at first it wont make her truly like you. And for some girls they wont even give a damn and you'll be stuck with the friend. The only way you can make a girl like you more is if she has a mild interest in you to start with. If she knows for a fact theres no feelings there whatsoever, there really is no hope.

Just dont be desperate, the most important rule. Its such a turn off. If there is a way to find out who else shes been interested in or dated you could try and emulate them in a way. Not freakishly of course, but work out why shes attracted to certain people and incorporate it into winning her over. I'm a girl so I know that would work on me, if a guy I was mildly interested in looks wise started showing personality traits that I admired it would make them infinitly more attractive overall.

(Original post by Bunkd)
    Uh huh OP, I like what I can't have too; it's even better if they have a boyfriend :yep:.
    Haven't quite worked out the strategy yet though...
    Why dont you steal her bf's phone and text her that you hate her and want to split. Drop in the odd lie saying shes not there for you when you need her. And call her a *****.

The next day :yep:

Lol ive never done it but i bet its sure to work. It worked for a friend of mine but they split up after a week .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why dont you steal her bf's phone and text her that you hate her and want to split. Drop in the odd lie saying shes not there for you when you need her. And call her a *****.

The next day :yep:

Lol ive never done it but i bet its sure to work. It worked for a friend of mine but they split up after a week .
    I can see why she isn't interested. But yah do what the tsr king guy said.

ReputationRep:
    Mate, if a bird just goes off chatting to someone else without even saying bye, I´d say she´s a knob. You´re at uni, there´s loads of birds around. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    i also agree with the guy that said 'ignore her for a couple of days'.. if she doesnt say a word to you, then you might as well pack your bags.

you cant force someone to like you but find out whats she's interested in and then you can do what she does and she may see personality triats that she may like about you

ReputationRep:
    Try ignoring her, but no game playing. Then be polite and nice if she speaks to you/she is nearby but if that fails, move on. I only ignore guys and do the conversation changing thing when I really really don't find them attractive, and nothing would change my mind about that. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    ^ I'm sorry but I agree with abra.. i'm tempted to say just leave her alone, lol :/

ReputationRep:
    I hear stockholm syndrome is in this season

ReputationRep:
    What the others have said. If you're generally the one to initiate conversation, don't do it for once and if she doesn't initiate, you're not in there, if she does there's the chance that she knows of your existence but not necessarily likes you.

Anyway, it's only 2 weeks in. You're got another three years to meet someone who likes you. Just don't be fake.

ReputationRep:
    In virtually all cases, if a woman genuinely doesn't show an interest in you chasing after her is wasted effort. Unless you're convinced that she's the only woman you ever want and you couldn't cope without her (which I doubt) think of the investment of effort compared to the likelihood of it paying off and wait until you find someone you like who also seems to have some interest in you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.