Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

'seeing someone' vs 'dating' vs 'in a relationship' watch

ReputationRep:
    dweebs!

ok you meet a dudette/dude in a club/party/bookstore and you guys go out for dinner sometime. you agree to see each other again. and agian. and agian.

after how many dates is it just 'seeing someoen'
    when does this become 'dating'
    obviously 'in a relationship' is after you agree it as exclusive, right?

ReputationRep:
    it's seeing someone when you do it reguarly, and you both know its a little bit more than just friends.
    Dating.. i guess.. is when it becomes a little bit more exclusive and includes kissing etc?
    And a relationship is when you agree on it.. yes.

Dunno really, bit vague.. 'dating' isn't really thrown around that much , not that i know of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    it's seeing someone when you do it reguarly, and you both know its a little bit more than just friends.
    Dating.. i guess.. is when it becomes a little bit more exclusive and includes kissing etc?
    And a relationship is when you agree on it.. yes.

Dunno really, bit vague.. 'dating' isn't really thrown around that much , not that i know of
    so like if i go out with a guy say twice and kiss him, that is dating?

i dont get the difference between dating and seeing someone

after how many dates does seeing soene turn to dating?

ReputationRep:
    For me I was dating my girlfriend for a few months, then I just made sure we were exclusive and thats when we became in a relationship, I think we had slept together before that happened though.

ReputationRep:
    Talk. Kiss. Sex.

ReputationRep:
    The bible will show you the path, child.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing someone imo is frequently meeting them and such and a case of mutual likeness.

Dating is what my flatmate calls "Shopping" - looking around for someone, choosing your options.

A relationship is when you go on Facebook and change your status to "In a relationship"

ReputationRep:
    so like if i kiss a dude the first date, if he wants to see me again, we are dating??

also i really like kissing and ive been single for awhile, what should i do. can i catch std from snogging randoms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubWeMet)
    The bible will show you the path, child.

dude i dunno, the Bible has shown me the path to almost a quarter of a century of celibacy. i im not sure my panini can wait any longer.

the bible doesnt use the word dating either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shinytoy)
    dude i dunno, the Bible has shown me the path to almost a quarter of a century of celibacy. i im not sure my panini can wait any longer.

the bible doesnt use the word dating either
    Such language, do you not wonder sometimes how strongly Lucifer has gotten a hold on you?

Remember, celibacy is a heavenly virtue and it is wrong to sway towards the seven deadly sins, especially gluttony.

I beg you think carefully about your decision to date this man and bring embarassement to the family.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubWeMet)
    Such language, do you not wonder sometimes how strongly Lucifer has gotten a hold on you?

Remember, celibacy is a heavenly virtue and it is wrong to sway towards the seven deadly sins, especially gluttony.

I beg you think carefully about your decision to date this man and bring embarassement to the family.
    dude are you kidding

i can see premarital relations is wrong, but like dating in order to get married is cool by God right?
    how old are you anyway. do you kow how hard it is being a 25 yr old v card carrier?

do you have any advice? what religion are you , are you catholic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    A relationship is when you go on Facebook and change your status to "In a relationship"
    this maybe why the bible isnt helping cant remember it being mentioned anywhere in it. unless before facebook there were no relationships?

Pfffffffft, semantics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny_d123)
    this maybe why the bible isnt helping cant remember it being mentioned anywhere in it. unless before facebook there were no relationships?
    Before Facebook there were no "official" relationships. There was the possibility of a piece of paper saying "Just Married" or telling someone that you have a boy/girlfriend but that's it, nothing to officially state that one is in a relationship.

The bible's more likely to tell you to not have a relationship than to be used as a dating guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    Before Facebook there were no "official" relationships. There was the possibility of a piece of paper saying "Just Married" or telling someone that you have a boy/girlfriend but that's it, nothing to officially state that one is in a relationship.

The bible's more likely to tell you to not have a relationship than to be used as a dating guide.
    lol the dweeb who suggested this was being sarcastic, not serious!!!

whats the difference between seeing someone and dating?

ReputationRep:
    lol the dweeb who suggested this was being sarcastic, not serious!!!

whats the difference between seeing someone and dating?
    I know he was. That's why I replied sarcastically :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    but dude the bible intends us to marry and have loads of babies. i need it bad. what to do?

ReputationRep:
    Seeing each other is causal yet exclusive.

Dating is when you're meeting up, but there's no exclusivity and generally isn't for that long. Americans tend to use dating more to mean seeing, hence the confusion.

Relationship is when seeing each other has become a bit more serious.

ReputationRep:
    again with these threads! just sleep with whomever you want to. Do whatever you want to, it's your body! if you want your panini to get un-paninied then unpanini it.

God!

ReputationRep:
    but dude the bible intends us to marry and have loads of babies. i need it bad. what to do?
    Get off TSR and go say hi to girl. Tht should do the job.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 4, 2010
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.