Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golddaytonas)
    True
    What are you studying there?

ReputationRep:
    i want to do history at warwick, are gcse's important for that? I got 8A*, 1 A and distinction?

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you want to study. For the ultra competitive subjects like maths, MORSE, economics, A&F they will be counting A*s if the rest of your application is good but not absolutely outstanding to find differences between generally good applicants. In Paulwhy's TAELT, for economics they apparently look for 8+ A*. I would think that for most other subjects only your College results matter. Of course, having a D in gcse maths when you're applying for physics won't help you though

ReputationRep:
    thanks, your answers have made me feel slightly less worried
    im gonna go for it and just see what happens...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welix)
    Depends what you want to study. For the ultra competitive subjects like maths, MORSE, economics, A&F they will be counting A*s
    You're right apart from maths. They have a totally transparent policy for maths which means that about 90% of applicants get an offer (I believe the only specific criteria is being predicted an A in maths and further maths and having a C in GCSE English). It's the hardest offer in the country that goes out to everyone though (A*A*A + 2 in STEP/Distinction in AEA).
    Their reasoning is that if you meet the offer then you're good enough for the course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pai)
    I want to apply for Law and Sociology.
    I'm predicted ABB which is what they ask but are there any other requirements, like gcses?
    i've looked all over the website and prospectus and it doesnt say anything but someone told me that warwick are strict on gcses and require a certain number of A*'s....?
    Hiyyyaaa I've also just applied for Law and Sociology, soooo hoping I get in! I've only had an offer from Sheffield so far but my GCSEs were 10 A*'s and 2 A's.. but I'm only predicted AAB for A level (I ****ed up my AS). I'm pretty sure my personal statement isn't great for this course seeing as I kind of geared it towards Law with criminology (I applied for 3 law with crim, 2 law with socio) but yeah tell me if/when you get an offer because the more I look at this course, the more I sooo want to do it!

ReputationRep:
    9bs 2cs are good enough I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    I only have CCBBB for my GCSE's, with B in Math and English.
    I have many reasons why I got such bad grades for my GCSE's ( I only started education half way through year 10). I'm predicted an A*AAAa and I'm applying for Math.
    What are my chances of getting a offer form Warwick? I have not heard anything from them since I send my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RADWAN)
    I only have CCBBB for my GCSE's, with B in Math and English.
    I have many reasons why I got such bad grades for my GCSE's ( I only started education half way through year 10). I'm predicted an A*AAAa and I'm applying for Math.
    What are my chances of getting a offer form Warwick? I have not heard anything from them since I send my application?
    I've heard that Warwick give out a lot of offers for maths so you should be in with a good chance - the hard part is meeting the offer. If your reference or personal statement talks about what happened in your GCSEs then that would certainly help. You haven't said what subjects you're doing. If that A* is for maths and one of the As are for further maths then you're definitely on the right track. Bear in mind that Warwick will also ask you to sit the STEP exam which is much, much harder than A-level maths so it's worth starting to work towards that exam now.

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from warwick with those GCSE grades:eek:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.