Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What current show would you reccommend? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning a trip to london west-end soon and am wondering what to go and see, any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Hairspray. :d

ReputationRep:
    I've just recently seen Oliver at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane (http://londontheatre.com/theatres/theatre-royal) in the West End. I saw I'd Do Anything on tv and loved the songs and the show itself on stage is stupendous! I've also heard that Griff Rhys Jones may be making a re-appearance in December and heard he was awesome

ReputationRep:
    All My Sons, haven't seen it live but I know it's on in London at the moment and I've read the play and it is veryyy good. It's a tragedy set just after WW2 in American. Got lots of twists in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Desmee)
    I'm planning a trip to london west-end soon and am wondering what to go and see, any suggestions?
    There's lots on in the west end - what sort of show do you want?

A really serious play?
    A mildly serious play?
    A silly musical with no story?
    A "serious" musical?
    An opera?

(Original post by wtfCharlie)
    Hairspray. :d
    has closed.

If you're not going till next summer and you appreciate Shakespeare I recommend going to the Globe at some point in your trip (the new season there will start in May I think) - it's completely different to your West End type theatre and you can get a standing ticket for £5, so if you're already in London for West End shows it's a cheap way of adding on something extra.

ReputationRep:
    The Mousetrap. It's one of the few things I'd actually go to the West End to see. It's a murder-mystery, with a twist...so, why not?

ReputationRep:
    Deathtrap (It has Simon Russel Beale in it, and also Jonathan Groff, the dude from Glee, if either of them are of interest to you)

Sweet Charity/Avenue Q before they close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheatreLovely)
    Deathtrap (It has Simon Russel Beale in it, and also Jonathan Groff, the dude from Glee, if either of them are of interest to you)
    Yessss I would recommend Deathtrap- I saw it last week, its quirky and very funny (and also I managed to meet Simon Russel Beale and Jonathon Groff )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheatreLovely)
    Yessss I would recommend Deathtrap- I saw it last week, its quirky and very funny (and also I managed to meet Simon Russel Beale and Jonathon Groff )

Either that or Henry IV or The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe, both fantastic productions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morematterlessartx)
    Either that or Henry IV or The Merry Wives of Windsor at the Globe, both fantastic productions.
    Sadly the season there closes tomorrow and only reopens around next May I think. As I said in a previous post, once you have a big show booked it's a good thing to add to your trip for a fiver.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I was in London I saw Wicked and Jersey Boys which I enjoyed immensely. Both very exciting shows.

If you want to see a play I would see War Horse. It's amazing!

ReputationRep:
    It's quite heavy subject matter but if you're interested, you should go and see Blackwatch.

http://www.barbican.org.uk/theatre/e...l.asp?ID=10531

I saw the current cast in Glasgow a few weeks ago and it was the best piece of theatre i have ever seen. Definetly not what i expected, but absolutely brilliant.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.