Turn on thread page Beta

Good results shame among teenagers watch

ReputationRep:
    No, I go to a grammar school, everyone's clever.
    I got 7A*s and 4As at GCSE, a fair bit above average but not brilliant for my school. I end up feeling stupid most of the time in chem and maths.

ReputationRep:
    You'll be the one giving them those looks in 10 years time when...U gotz MONAAY and they iz eating Asda price sh!t in their filthy council flats, innit!

ReputationRep:
    Not good results but bad results in primary school. Oh my "friends" called me names all day after the teacher said our results on a test.

ReputationRep:
    Thats what it was like at my first two school but the schools I go to now everyone gets A*s so its no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    In other news, my AS Economics class had a practice exam the other day and I got 100%. :smug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Although, it was only 10 questions and they were multiple choice... but it's still 100% b***es! :p:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiles_m)
    No, I go to a grammar school, everyone's clever.
    I got 7A*s and 4As at GCSE, a fair bit above average but not brilliant for my school. I end up feeling stupid most of the time in chem and maths.
    So you take Chem and Maths at A-level.

-_-

ReputationRep:
    I'd personally be more ashamed my name was Bob

ReputationRep:
    Never happened through lower school as my grades were eclipsed by some absolute geniuses, however after they left to go to other colleges it does does seem that people always are like "wooaw so clever." Pisses me off sometimes but I do have a social life and plenty of friends, and I just tend there to sit and smile if any results/achievements get called out so it's never "bigheaded."

ReputationRep:
    I found it well good, because I'd never been particularly special during my 5 years in secondary school, so to get in the top 20 in the school was pretty awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychotic546)
    That sounds horrible. What was number 1 called?
    Junaid fdherthfrthftrhfgcbfgthbrthb no idea what his surname was, but he was super intelligent and spoke like 3 languages as a mother tongue and took A levels in them 3, and then 4 A-levels on top :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoaringStar)
    Does anyone else find it abit embarasing or uncomfortable when the teacher decides it is a good idea to:

A) Read out everybodys results out loud; some people get F's, some people get C's ... and then theres you who gets an A*...everybody turns around to stare at you for what seems like forever, with daggers in their eyes, I find it very embarrasing.

B) Puts up everybodys results on the board, ''OMG XXX GOT AN AYE STARRR'' then again the whole class stares at you forever

C) Singles you out and announces to everyone that ''BOB DID VERY GOOD HE GOT AN A* WELL DONE BOB'' everyone calls you a teachers pet.

D) Tell the WHOLE YEAR GROUP AT ASSMELBY ABOUT YOUR FANTASTIC RESULTS, 400 STUDENTS+TEACHERS STARE AT YOU THROUGH THE REST OF ASSEMBLY

Funny thing is if you celebrate everyone thinks your a big head and a jackass. If you dont say anything they think you're an uptight B**** so I just tend to smile.

Guess its just that I hate being the centre of attention, but I get dragged in due to my grades.

Life would be so much easier and simpler if I was dumb, I envy them from time to time
    Did you get an A*, or are we dreaming hypothetically here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Junaid fdherthfrthftrhfgcbfgthbrthb no idea what his surname was, but he was super intelligent and spoke like 3 languages as a mother tongue and took A levels in them 3, and then 4 A-levels on top :lolwut:
    You're still a swot :teehee:
    But wow that's pretty impressive xD
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I wouldn't be embarrassed about having a good grade read out. I'd be embarrassed about the teacher sharing the bad grades with everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel bad for having better grades than others.
    "What? You spent several hours a day playing Xbox/ going out with your mates/ etc.? When you were doing that, I was working for my A-levels."
    Please.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find it abit embarasing or uncomfortable when the teacher decides it is a good idea to:

A) Read out everybodys results out loud; some people get F's, some people get C's ... and then theres you who gets an A*...everybody turns around to stare at you for what seems like forever, with daggers in their eyes, I find it very embarrasing.

B) Puts up everybodys results on the board, ''OMG XXX GOT AN AYE STARRR'' then again the whole class stares at you forever

C) Singles you out and announces to everyone that ''BOB DID VERY GOOD HE GOT AN A* WELL DONE BOB'' everyone calls you a teachers pet.

D) Tell the WHOLE YEAR GROUP AT ASSMELBY ABOUT YOUR FANTASTIC RESULTS, 400 STUDENTS+TEACHERS STARE AT YOU THROUGH THE REST OF ASSEMBLY

Funny thing is if you celebrate everyone thinks your a big head and a jackass. If you dont say anything they think you're an uptight B**** so I just tend to smile.

Guess its just that I hate being the centre of attention, but I get dragged in due to my grades.

Life would be so much easier and simpler if I was dumb, I envy them from time to time

OOOOOH poor you! How utterly awful it must be to havegood grades?! Gosh, I REALLY do sympathise that you did well acheived something.
    For goodness sake, get the f*** over it and stop saying how life would be easier if you were dumb. It bloody wouldn't, and you know it. So it may be a bit awkward in front of people with worse grades; well it's a hard life and then you die, sonny. If you really cared about it, then you would stop ebing dedicated and lower your grades. At least you have that choice.
    You're just fishing for compliments! Stop feeling so bloody special, loads of people get A*s. People like you need to shut up and grow a bloody beard.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. In my English lessons I usually get A* whilst my classmates get Cs, Ds and Es. My friends then scrub it in and say that I suck up to my teacher. They persistently call me "plagiariser" and there was this one boy who wouldn't stop reminding me that I got an A*. Obviously he did this sarcastically. He also tried to exclude me from everything. Nonetheless there are some people that congratulate me and ask for my help, which I am always applicable for I'm very modest about getting high grades. I never boast about it because I feel guilty and arrogant. However it does satisfy me when people hate on me, because it shows I'm doing something right.

ReputationRep:
    It probably worse when everyone expects you to get A* and you don't.

ReputationRep:
    I got five As in my highers this year and obviously was really pleased, smiling whenever someone said well done and that, but my friend made a comment about how weird it was that I was "so calm about it". But if I'd gone on and on about how brilliantly I'd done, I'd have sounded big headed and everyone would have *****ed about it.

Can't win.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Are you in high school or college? Just ride it out till sixth form and hopefully it'll get better. You'll only be amongst people who are (hopefully) serious about their education.

ReputationRep:

That happened not that often at my school, and when you get to A-levels, it's totally the other way round, definetly at my school again, because all the dumbsh*ts left
    ...Except for me...I wish I was A grade material 0.o

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.