Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I guess this is the right place, as I imagine there are other Lancaster Uni students who'd know - What are Sunday nights like in Lancaster for going out? It's my 21st on 31st October (Halloween). I'm going in to my 2nd year, and I live in Morecambe (living on campus this year), so I know Lancaster well in terms of going out, but I've never been round Lancaster on a Sunday night.

I'm just trying to think of something to do on my actual birthday. I'll probably go out with friends properly on the Friday or something, too. I guess with it being Halloween on Sunday it might be different to a normal Sunday night?

ReputationRep:
    To be honest you'd probably have a better time and choice if you went out on the Saturday instead - And at least after midnight you can claim it is your birthday then anyway!! Most places on a Sunday do pub quiz's and I think The Friary is quite popular on a Sunday. But for Halloween, especially if you wanna get dressed up, do it on the Saturday

ReputationRep:
    Yea I suppose you're right. I guess I'll do something like that then and just go out for a few drinks and food on my actual birthday with a few friends. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do it on a different day like MB said
    I guess the Halloween parties will be on the Saturday and I assume there'll be a Halloween night at the Carleton again like last year! I don't think anything really happens on a Sunday night. Think Revs might do something and there's a pub quiz at Grizedale, but that's all I know :/
    Hope you have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJP)
    Do it on a different day like MB said
    I guess the Halloween parties will be on the Saturday and I assume there'll be a Halloween night at the Carleton again like last year! I don't think anything really happens on a Sunday night. Think Revs might do something and there's a pub quiz at Grizedale, but that's all I know :/
    Hope you have a great time!
    Oh yeah!! You've gotta do Carleton Halloween, it is always awesome Although go there beforehand to see if it is your sort of thing - Since it is a bit like marmite. I'm sure Sugarhouse will have a Halloween themed night on the Saturday - And I know Revs did something last year on the Monday (although it'll probably be on the Tuesday now ... :confused: )

Yeah come to think of it Revs to have a night on a Sunday, but from what I can remember it was advertised as a "locals night" ... ... So it might not the right "atmosphere" you're looking for :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in Sunday nights now as it is my only 'school night' without a 9am start the morning after!
    I can't remember anyone at all going out on a Sunday last year, hopefully that'll change this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaelbenson)
    Oh yeah!! You've gotta do Carleton Halloween, it is always awesome Although go there beforehand to see if it is your sort of thing - Since it is a bit like marmite. I'm sure Sugarhouse will have a Halloween themed night on the Saturday - And I know Revs did something last year on the Monday (although it'll probably be on the Tuesday now ... :confused: )

Yeah come to think of it Revs to have a night on a Sunday, but from what I can remember it was advertised as a "locals night" ... ... So it might not the right "atmosphere" you're looking for :p:
    Well I've lived in Morecambe all my life, and never bothered with the Carlton at all last year as Morecambe isn't exactly a gem of a town to go out in, even though it's suppost to be quite good on the student nights.

I guess I'll give it a go before my birthday and see how it is and then I might do that at the Carlton.

Thanks for the suggestions

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.