Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Do you know anyone of a young age going round town, there is a lot in the years below me at my school who manage to go drinking around town and get in. How is this possible? Most of them are 15, and could never pass for 18?

ReputationRep:
    I've known it happen a lot, in fact when I was 16 / 17 I'd go to some bars (and even one club) in town and drink. There are two main ways I know this happens:
    1) The owners and / or staff of the bar / club don't give a **** about people underage drinking in their bars, providing they get the money.
    2) People borrow the ID of someone who looks like them, often a member of the family, and use this. This often works, my sister borrowed the driving licence on a number of occasions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nixt)
    I've known it happen a lot, in fact when I was 16 / 17 I'd go to some bars (and even one club) in town and drink. There are two main ways I know this happens:
    1) The owners and / or staff of the bar / club don't give a **** about people underage drinking in their bars, providing they get the money.
    I doubt a £3 drink would be worth the £20,000 fine if they got caught serving underage people. It's probably just because they don't feel comfortable ID-ing for whatever reason or the staff don't care, I doubt an owner wouldn't care.

ReputationRep:
    Usually girls who seem to manage it at an earlier age. Quick flash of the chest they're in.

If that fails, borrow an ID from someone or something*

*Do so at your own risk, it is fraud remember and I have seen someone done for it outside a bar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nixt)
    2) People borrow the ID of someone who looks like them, often a member of the family, and use this. This often works, my sister borrowed the driving licence on a number of occasions.
    Your sister borrowed your driving licence? :mute:

ReputationRep:
    A lot get in when there are no bouncers.. or very lenient bouncers..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mega Nerd)
    Do you know anyone of a young age going round town, there is a lot in the years below me at my school who manage to go drinking around town and get in. How is this possible? Most of them are 15, and could never pass for 18?
    went out when i was 15. i'm chinese so i just borrow some 18 year old guys id. play the racist card when they refuse to let you in. works most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    We used to have sixth form parties at a local club owned by one of the students' dad, so we all got served there despite being 16/17. I never went out to bars or clubbing though until I turned 18. I mainly knew of people in my age group getting people to buy them alcohol and then drinking it on a park rather than in a bar.

ReputationRep:
    Usually by using an older brother/sister's id. Although I know people who've used a friend's (who they don't look very much like) id so they obviously don't check it very much. And some places are just really lenient. If there are no bouncers then you can just get a friend to buy your drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizzz!)
    Your sister borrowed your driving licence? :mute:
    Ha, apologies. I meant "my friend's licence" not quite sure where I got 'the' from.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.