Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What should I do about these bad friends? Watch

Anon. or delete.

Anyway, I had a big fight with this girl the other day. Basically, her boyfriend made a remark about how he's got money when I told some people that I was in serious debt (I'm talking about living off the same tin of soup for two weeks). I found it very upsetting and ending up crying.

My boyfriend stepped in and just said, "There's no need for that." So the girl goes ape **** at me saying how they can't joke around with me since I got together with my boyfriend (which was months and months ago) and that I don't hang out with them anymore. Never mind the fact that I'm in a completely different region to them.

This girl's boyfriend has been very snide in the past, often telling me that I won't be able to 'do' university, or I'm going to end up in massive debt because I was spending a lot when I was living at home. Never mind the fact that I was supporting my mum financially as well.

The girl has a history of emotionally manipulating me and even going behind my back to my best friend to try and start stuff. When I've been busy with other friends, I've always tried to include them, but they don't want it unless it's just me. The girl's boyfriend has been completely unsympathetic to my best friend as well when she's gone to him with uni. problems. Basically just laughing and her and going, "Ah well, never mind." when she's having major money problems.

Sorry for the lengthy post but she didn't even give my boyfriend a chance when I introduced him to everyone (he's only seen them once in the year we've been together - I regularly spend time with his friends), yet all my other friends have been ecstatic and have become good friends with him. I'm not asking her to like him, but at least be civil and don't go mental when he spends time with everyone.

I've basically decided not to deal with the both of them (especially since I've started uni.) but I'm wondering if I've done the right thing here. Any advice? Sorry again about the length.

Bump.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a ***** tbh. Just leave her to it and ignore her. Not like your going to see her since your living in different regions.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, she's a *****. You don't need that in your life so just let her and her boyfriend spout their crap and just ignore them. Not worth it in the slightest!

ReputationRep:
    How old is this girl and her boyfriend?

ReputationRep:
    Just ditch them. If it were me, I wouldn't think it's worth wasting my time with them. Better to cut your losses while you can you know? If this girl has a history of emotionally manipulating you, enough said right there. That's when you say "right, see you later" and move on in your life.
    Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. =/

(Original post by ihatebrownbread)
    How old is this girl and her boyfriend?
    About 17 and 18 respectively I think.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad to know I'm doing the right thing here.

Tl:dr

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.