Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so... I've been invited to my friend's party... basically, it's gonna be a massive house party with plenty of alcohol and boys, and my parents are TOTALLY against all that. So, how do you think I can go without my parents finding out what kind of party it is? I've got half the plan sorted... basically, I tell them this girl from college is having a party, no alcohol, and I tell them the party starts half an hour earlier than it actually does, so that they can't see guys going in with alcohol. But the problem is going back... I can't sleep round, practically everyone is, so how do I get my mum/dad to pick me up without seeing drunk people everywhere? HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a very tricky one.
    Do any of your friends live close by? and school boy error mentioning the party all together. Should have simply said you were going to stay at a mates house that night. Usually does the trick.

ReputationRep:
    Should of just said it was a stayover.. and planned to get dropped off at a friends who is also going there..
    and then just go to a random known location like a tesco or bus stop or soemthing and say you want picking up from there?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, can't you change it so your parents think it's a sleepover type thing?

Then try and stay at a friends house.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Knock your parents out with chloroform and party all night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Knock your parents out with chloroform and party all night.
    This. Be careful though, a teaspoon of the stuff will kill them.

In all seriousness, could you get them to drop you off at some random persons house? And then once they've dropped you off, walk to the actual house? Same goes for when they pick you up!

ReputationRep:
    Guys, the problem is my parents are very strict, and they don't like the idea of me sleeping over, cos tbh I don't think they trust me, they think I'd grab the opportunity to get drunk without them finding out :/ Any more ideas?!

ReputationRep:
    Howabout you just cycle / walk there and back?

ReputationRep:
    Get them to drop you off outside a random house around the corner, walk there, then make sure you're at the same spot when they pick you up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveIsInTheAir.)
    Ok, so... I've been invited to my friend's party... basically, it's gonna be a massive house party with plenty of alcohol and boys, and my parents are TOTALLY against all that. So, how do you think I can go without my parents finding out what kind of party it is? I've got half the plan sorted... basically, I tell them this girl from college is having a party, no alcohol, and I tell them the party starts half an hour earlier than it actually does, so that they can't see guys going in with alcohol. But the problem is going back... I can't sleep round, practically everyone is, so how do I get my mum/dad to pick me up without seeing drunk people everywhere? HELP!
    y can't you sleep round - tbh at the end of the night when everyone is pissed nothing is going to happen if you sleep round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Get them to drop you off outside a random house around the corner, walk there, then make sure you're at the same spot when they pick you up.
    what the girl that'll "chop your head off only if you talk about her japanese-chinese heritage" said.

Either way, I can see why your parents don't trust you. You're lying to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHar)
    what the girl that'll "chop your head off only if you talk about her japanese-chinese heritage" said.

Either way, I can see why your parents don't trust you. You're lying to them.
    Me? I'm not japanese or chinese

ReputationRep:
    Bumppp. Help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    Me? I'm not japanese or chinese
    It was a reference. To Kill Bill.
    You know, your profile picture? ;;

ReputationRep:
    Ok, who didn't think of Baldrick initially?

Why not give them a house address of a place down the road - then go there to be picked up from outside?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveIsInTheAir.)
    they think I'd grab the opportunity to get drunk without them finding out :/ Any more ideas?!
    sounds like they're right eh?

But urm...got a friends house you can crash at, different from the party address? Then you could say "oh yeah I'm going to stay at X's house afterwards", in fact you could actually do that, then it wouldn't even be a lie..

ReputationRep:
    If they don't like you sleeping over at someone's house, then you should get dropped off/picked up from a house round the corner and walk to the actual house (make sure you leave enough time for them to actually drive away!). I wouldn't tell them it was a party either, just say you are going round to your friend's house to watch a film or something. Or, a better idea would be to get a lift with one of your other friends, then there would be no lying (if lying makes you feel guilty/you're not very good at it).

ReputationRep:
    Well what time are they picking you up? Surely they'll be in bed after midnight, and people shouldn't be that drunk by then. Plus you'll not even be there for all the fun bits of the party.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you out of interest?

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.