Turn on thread page Beta

what free stuff did you get at your freshers fair? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what items everyone's got at their freshers fair. At my uni we didnt seem to get that much!

ReputationRep:
    Free slice of pizza courtesy of dominos and loadsa pens lol oh yeh and a wall calendar!

ReputationRep:
    Lots and lots of paper. There's probably an empty space somewhere in the world where a forest used to stand and said forest can now be found in my trash can.

ReputationRep:
    a cup with 'provide' on it, a random t-shirt with some indecipherable logo, a ridiculous amount of pens, a book of psalms off a man who didn't look like he was meant to be there, a leaking glowstick and lots of sweeties
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Pizza, couple of posters, a frisbee, some key rings. Oh and a MacBook.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Lots and lots of paper. There's probably an empty space somewhere in the world where a forest used to stand and said forest can now be found in my trash can.
    I hope you are recycling that forest.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of stationery, free pizza :p: wall calender, like A1 sized posters! note books, balloons and A4 writing pads. Obviously there was more, that's all i can think of though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Over the 3 days:

22 slices of pizza
    7 chocolate Santas which don't expire until February (free Christmas presents ftw)
    7 packets of noodles
    7 energy drinks
    3 bars of milk chocolate
    3 bottles of water
    Loads of cakes/sweets each day

Have over 30 pens now, some coasters/beer mats, a few posters, bottle opener, lanyard for work, condoms, bean bags, bean ball, 2 frisbees, £35 worth of free bus travel, although they think I have £5, 2 mugs, 2 pint glasses, a couple of t shirts, etc etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathew551)
    I hope you are recycling that forest.
    Most assuredly. I'm a jungle-bred girl, so I definitely do my part.

ReputationRep:
    We got pizza, cinema tickets, and lots of cheap tat.

ReputationRep:
    Free slice of dominoes pizza, vouchers/boxes for free pizza or upgrade to a small for £1 (friends went and collected like 6 at once that day!), pens, chocolate, membership cards, free drinks and other stuff if I went to certain places afterwards. Didn't get as much as last year but still good

Oh and already filled in nandos loyalty cards.

ReputationRep:
    At Bristol Uni, you could get a free haircut

ReputationRep:
    Nothing worth keeping.

ReputationRep:
    They were giving out free condoms at my college today. We're clearly mature enough to be using them; most people blew them up at threw them at mates.:p:

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I got of worth back in the good old days was a **** load of free condoms.

Like many people I got a few condoms. Unlike many people I used them all in the following days to masturbate into...

ReputationRep:
    I've not sodding started yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Over the 3 days:

22 slices of pizza
    7 chocolate Santas which don't expire until February (free Christmas presents ftw)
    7 packets of noodles
    7 energy drinks
    3 bars of milk chocolate
    3 bottles of water

Have over 30 pens now, some coasters/beer mats, a few posters, bottle opener, lanyard for work, condoms, bean bags, bean ball, 2 frisbees, £35 worth of free bus travel, although they think I have £5, 2 mugs, 2 pint glasses, a couple of t shirts, etc etc
    :gah:

Nottingham offer my course. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Over the 3 days:

22 slices of pizza
    7 packets of noodles
    7 energy drinks
    3 bars of milk chocolate
    3 bottles of water

... What does that mean?
    Nice horde of stuff though.
    Also, how does this "fresher fair" work anyway, are there loads of stalls or something and they hand out all this stuff?

ReputationRep:
    At the actual Freshers fair, a slice of Dominoes pizza, a free t shirt(they ran out of hoodies) a few drinks flyers and thats about it.

There was loads of societies there though.

But in Glasgow today they had a MASSIVE student event on basically the entire square was a big structure with queues so long it took an hour to get it but once you were it was as much free Dominoes pizza as you wanted, same for Relentless, about 6 hoodies, a life size cardboard cartoon cutout, about 4 t shirts, 2 music cds, vouchers for free drinks at a pub, one for a full size pizza free when you buy a glass of coke and free refills of said coke, loads of membership cards etc.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 2, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.