The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Lol at the rage!!

RRAAAAAGEEEEE

I just read through this laughing. Seriously.
Reply 41
Sleep on it for two nights then see how you feel then, you are justified in being so emotional, its difficult to make a rational decision though. Teachers tend to close ranks and cover tracks especially if parents get involved. Good luck!
theths
tl;dr version - my school ****** up my predicted grades, told me i got a 6, then that they lied and were being optimistic, it was a 5, and accidentally stumbled across the fact that i actually got a 6 today, after ive been made to feel stupid and naive and lazy. i get no acknowledgement of this error, and complete lapse in communication within the school and with me, whatsoever.

I feel for you, I really do. I just finished the IB last year in an American school. Let me tell you, those guys have so many thing to be petrified about. The new English teacher tried to pull something similar with me regarding my English grade, he was predicting a '5' for me, "to be on the safe side". I raised a ruckus, went to the IB coordinator, showed a year's worth of written work from my 11th grade English teacher who had consistently marked me 7s and high 6s. When they still refused to change my grade, I boycotted the English class and threatened to sue them for discrimination, my English class was switched and my prediction became a 6. Which lo behold turned out to be wrong anyway because I got a 7 in my final exam.

But I'm not sure if you could get away with that at an English IB school, students have very few rights there as compared to the US and US-based schools in Europe with American staff.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 43
theths
but they do, because im applying to one of most competetive uni courses there is , at some of the most competetive unis with them :/
at most unis, my application would get discarded straight away with such crap grades at HL

wt u takin?
Reply 44
lubus
wt u takin?

hL maths physics economics SL french english chemistry

Latest

Trending

Trending