Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend thinks staying at a hotel is "moving too fast" watch

We are going to go to a concert, which ends late. So we were going to stay at a hotel afterwards.

But now he thinks that is moving too fast :confused: FYI, I stay at his house alot, and he comes to mine too....he says he loves me. But now he talks about moving too fast (staying at a hotel)?

Someone, shed some light on this, it doesn't make sense!

ReputationRep:
    This is dependent on your ages and whether or not you're engaged in a sexual relationship, particularly in regards to whether or not you have intercourse while staying at each other's houses.

ReputationRep:
    it doesn't make sense to me either

(Original post by thejonsmith)
    This is dependent on your ages and whether or not you're engaged in a sexual relationship, particularly in regards to whether or not you have intercourse while staying at each other's houses.
    Yes we have sex...

ReputationRep:
    Lol wtf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are going to go to a concert, which ends late. So we were going to stay at a hotel afterwards.

But now he thinks that is moving too fast :confused: FYI, I stay at his house alot, and he comes to mine too....he says he loves me. But now he talks about moving too fast (staying at a hotel)?

is he perhaps very shy, or very religious, or very sexually repressed - a virgin perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    He probably thinks that you're just using him for his ****.

ReputationRep:
    Yes we have sex...
    Then he may just be cheap, and not want to pay for a room.

ReputationRep:
    Blow him off before the concert and he won't say no for much longer.

ReputationRep:
    Is he straight?

ReputationRep:
    Tell him that he can take you up the arse while at the hotel. He'll quickly change his view, trust me. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    nvm just read above you said you've had sex already. Then tbh I'm not sure what the exact issue is...

ReputationRep:
    Ha what? If you have sex I don't get what his problem is.

How old are you both?

(Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Ha what? If you have sex I don't get what his problem is.

How old are you both?

ReputationRep:
    well he is coming from his house, to a concert to a hotel then back to his house. He will be rushed off his feet poor lad.

Thats what he means by moving fast.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, no idea what his problem is then

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That is strange. I'm staying at a hotel with my boyfriend all this weekend and we are 17&20 and have been together about 4 weeks...has he said what he feels is "too fast" about it? I think you just need to talk to him a little more about it, it does sound like you are staying for a purely functional reason anyway

Maybe it's what somebody else said, about paying for a room? I honestly can't think of any other fathomable reason why he would turn down the chance to stay in a hotel with you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, go to the concert together and when it's over go back to the hotel to sleep and when he's standing around like a muppet wondering where he's going to sleep for the night he might come around to your idea of things.

Sounds weird to me - have you actually talked to him and asked him why he's not comfortable with it?

ReputationRep:

I've booked alot of hotels in my life and in the UK too Hotel makes the individual or partner or perhaps the family feel the need to get away from the outside world and to do literally anything. This can be either something silly or very naughty. Though the fact when you check out of the hotel, it will still never change the fact what people done in the hotel.

That's ONE of my opinion why he may suggest or indicating about moving too fast. It's like a big reality check. Same applies to buying a house and living together but thats a big step.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, he's probably just skint.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.