Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well here I am in a situation I never thought I would be in... Posting an anon thread in the H&R section! Just to outline - it is very easy to figure out who I am from my posts, and the girl in question uses this website and would not be too impressed if she saw I was posting about her on this!

Anyway....

I met a girl on freshers week who is my age and doing the same course as me. She also stays nearby where I am too. She is really nice and we seem to be getting on really well. I have been round to hers a couple of times to watch a film or tv (one of her friends there too...) and we have all got on really well.

I am thinking about taking things a bit further, but I don't want to come on too strong or anything. Only thing is I get the feeling there is at least one other guy that is interested in her. However he hasn't actually spoken to her face to face yet (fb, msn only etc) and he does seem a bit of an idiot.

So how would be the best way to approach her? All my other relationships have just sort of... happened so I have never really done anything like this before!

Also note we are both in halls, and on a student budget! I do have a car though so transportation is not a problem

Thank you for any replies, I will now return to the non-anon world of tsr

ReputationRep:
    Just pluck up the courage and get it over with! Ask her out for a drink.

(Original post by KayleeLand)
    Just pluck up the courage and get it over with! Ask her out for a drink.
    Would I take her to some random pub, or somewhere a bit different?

We have a cinema nearby I think... Is that a good idea?

Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    Go to a couple of bars and a club. Have a little dance. Have fun. Then when you've built up the attraction ask her out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Would I take her to some random pub, or somewhere a bit different?

We have a cinema nearby I think... Is that a good idea?

Thanks for the reply
    Nah not the cinema. You want to talk to her! Pick somewhere nice like a posh café maybe.

(Original post by KayleeLand)
    Nah not the cinema. You want to talk to her! Pick somewhere nice like a posh café maybe.
    I like that idea... Thanks you

I also assume I should pay for whatever we have? (Not a problem for me, just don't want to give the wrong impression!)

Jeffry91 - as it happens we are both going on the medics night out tomorrow night. I assume it would be a very bad idea to make a move on her then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I like that idea... Thanks you

I also assume I should pay for whatever we have? (Not a problem for me, just don't want to give the wrong impression!)

Jeffry91 - as it happens we are both going on the medics night out tomorrow night. I assume it would be a very bad idea to make a move on her then?
    Only offer to pay for what you won't complain about later. I mean, if she goes on the date and then says she's not interested, will you have begrudgingly paid?

And about tomorrow night - see how she behaves. But personally I wouldn't drunkenly do anything 'cos she might regret it or not remember if you were to ask her out.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 30, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.