Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

right now I'm in so much pain, I'm fighting back tears and generally feeling incredibly bad. for ages I keep getting headaches gp the other day so it was muscle tension in neck and referred me to someone. but in the mean time I am in agony, paracetamol and ibuprofen do nothing all my neck ears and head are hurting so much right now worse than before what should i do? dr is closed it's 7pm. I'm lying down, it's not helping, taken paracetamol not helping, thinking of drinking until I can't feel pain anymore probably not a good idea. please help.

ReputationRep:
    A&e?

ReputationRep:
    ok,I hope you have an open mind & some privacy.I am being 100% serious,it should help to distract your brain from the pain signals.You hum loudly with ur mouth closed changing pitch every so often. It should sound like moaning.
    Its free so worth a try,sometimes it helps me when I m in pain.Otherwise massaging your temples?
    I m sorry I don t have any better advice :sad:
    I hope you feel better

ReputationRep:
    Yeah what Deshi said...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    right now I'm in so much pain, I'm fighting back tears and generally feeling incredibly bad. for ages I keep getting headaches gp the other day so it was muscle tension in neck and referred me to someone. but in the mean time I am in agony, paracetamol and ibuprofen do nothing all my neck ears and head are hurting so much right now worse than before what should i do? dr is closed it's 7pm. I'm lying down, it's not helping, taken paracetamol not helping, thinking of drinking until I can't feel pain anymore probably not a good idea. please help.

a&e or a walk in centre is your best bet-they can probably give you a muscle relaxant or some really strong pain killers

(Original post by Deshi)
    A&e?
    according to the gp it was muscle tension in my neck/shoulders causing it for the past few months, but it's been getting worse the whole time so I'm not sure what a&e would do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    according to the gp it was muscle tension in my neck/shoulders causing it for the past few months, but it's been getting worse the whole time so I'm not sure what a&e would do?
    They'll give you some stronger pain killers. I went into a&e with bad stomach pains which regular painkillers weren't helping, so I got given morphine. If it's making you really uncomfortable you should go to a&e.

Ring NHS direct, they can give you details of the nearest out of hours GP for you, and will make the process much quicker for you.
    Hope you're feeling better soon :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hissyfit)
    ok,I hope you have an open mind & some privacy.I am being 100% serious,it should help to distract your brain from the pain signals.You hum loudly with ur mouth closed changing pitch every so often. It should sound like moaning.
    Its free so worth a try,sometimes it helps me when I m in pain.Otherwise massaging your temples?
    I m sorry I don t have any better advice :sad:
    I hope you feel better
    Hahahaa!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    you should go to a&e.
    (Original post by failingatm)

ReputationRep:
    Do you have anyone nearby that can give you a massage to try and ease the muscles? I get this a lot, painkillers don't work, although a 4head stick works temporarily. I think you need to find out the root cause of the muscle tension too, otherwise it won't get any better.

I sympathise, I suffer really badly with headaches sometimes. I had a pretty much constant headache for a year, even waking up the middle of the night I would have one, and nothing got rid of it. I think you should go back to your GP when you can and see if they can do something other than pain killers that don't work (or make you feel sick, which a lot of the stronger ones do).

ReputationRep:
    Also, try applying heat to your neck and shoulders, such as those bean bags you put in the microwave or a hot water bottle. It might help soothe the muscles and ease the tension.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Well when I went in which just stomach pains (It was ramadan at this time as well so I thought it was nothing) I ended up being diagnosed with appendicitis so...better to be safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Mate, OP could have broken every bone in their body!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 1, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.