As the title says.

ReputationRep:
    3/4 weeks in hospital and you got 4A*.

Motivation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehforum)
    3/4 weeks in hospital and you got 4A*.

Motivation.
    Meh, it's GCSE.. most people can get atleast all B's and A's without revising.

ReputationRep:
    I do not think that there is anywhere else on the form where you need to put these circumstances.

There are thousands of Oxford students with long-term illnesses who have been very successful on their courses. Provided that your current state of health is stable enough to allow you to attend Oxford and study throughout each of the eight week terms, I see no reason why that shouldn't apply to you too. If you should have a health setback in the future, for example if your current treatment proves not to be for you long term, it is possible for Oxford to put your degree "on hold" for a year while you sort this out - this happened to someone I know and everything was absolutely fine.

I do not think that it will matter which College you apply to, although if you have access requirements or need particular facilities then that may affect your choice. For example, you might want to pick somewhere near to your lectures if you suffer from fatigue.

Very best of luck with your application; feel free to pm if you like.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.