The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
In France we have arguments with friends on the street about politics. :L
Prof.Pestilence
...and nothing of value was lost

If a person is a stranger, I have to let them earn my trust and admiration. I don't have closeness to people I don't know.
Reply 22
JamJes
I live in London. The looks I would get if I tried to strike up conversation with a stranger!

Haha this! Although I find on nights out (clubbing etc) strangers do like to conversate alot more than during the day.
Reply 23
rajandkwameali

Generally, no. I just go about my own business in public. I find the average UK person too shallow, too aggressive, too inhumane and too up themselves to converse with. I am not these things, even if I was born in the UK too.

Or maybe your just too insecure and socially retareded to even hold a conversation with a friend let alone a stranger?

Trying to find excuses for your retardedness in the whole general public rather than yourself, haha. What a muppet.
JmJtr
Or maybe your just too insecure and socially retareded to even hold a conversation with a friend let alone a stranger?

Trying to find excuses for your retardedness in the whole general public rather than yourself, haha. What a muppet.

not really, I just don't care about strangers. If there is a reason to, then by all means provide one. I won't change how I think or who I am, just because liberal/PC society says I should. :yep: There's nothing wrong in only giving a crap about people closest to you.
rajandkwameali
If a person is a stranger, I have to let them earn my trust and admiration. I don't have closeness to people I don't know.

And i'm sure it haunts them at night before their fevered dreams of how one day, they may earn your respect. Let them dream, everyone needs dreams....
Prof.Pestilence
And i'm sure it haunts them at night before their fevered dreams of how one day, they may earn your respect. Let them dream, everyone needs dreams....

as alluded to before, i don't care. they don't know me, i don't know them. such is life.
rajandkwameali
as alluded to before, i don't care. they don't know me, i don't know them. such is life.

If you can call that a life; existing, knowing they haven't earned your respect. Poor souls.
(edited 13 years ago)
what is the issue? How I interact is how I am, not for you to question. are young UK guys so insecure and small-penised that they must vet others' standpoints/beliefs? i guess most UK young guys have a God complex, so it figures.
Reply 29
JamJes
I live in London. The looks I would get if I tried to strike up conversation with a stranger!

This
i wouldn't start a conversation but if someone started it then would go along with it, it does only seem to be certain age groups which do it like oap's but otherwise is less common for younger people to do that, as it isn't common it does seem to be a bit weird to start a conversation however some people find it easier than others
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm too shy to initiate a convo, but if a stranger did start chatting to me themselves, I'd be happy to join in.
rajandkwameali
not really, I just don't care about strangers. If there is a reason to, then by all means provide one. I won't change how I think or who I am, just because liberal/PC society says I should. :yep: There's nothing wrong in only giving a crap about people closest to you.

Are you afraid of talking to people because of your 'perceptual disorder'?
GodspeedGehenna
Are you afraid of talking to people because of your 'perceptual disorder'?

No, just indifferent to others in public.
Reply 34
i usually find it awkward when a stranger talks to me in buses/queues/etc.. but i don't ignore them! ... at least not the ones who i think are safe talking to! :tongue:
there are some pretty odd people who try to talk to me, and i ignore them (usually when i'm walking).
I always talk to the person cutting my hair.
Reply 36
rajandkwameali
No, just indifferent to others in public.

OP you sound like an arse, I'm glad you don't converse with strangers, it would be the nations loss and a waste of time for the 'victim'.

Personally I'm a little shy but I talk to strangers when I can.
Reply 37
I often talk with people in public, but by accident because I work in a bar and you have to have conversations with lots of strangers. Sometimes I forget I'm not at work and smile and say hi to people, although it's not all bad because I bet people think I'm really nice, haa
bmt
OP you sound like an arse, I'm glad you don't converse with strangers, it would be the nations loss and a waste of time for the 'victim'.

Personally I'm a little shy but I talk to strangers when I can.

Why should I care about people in public?
I dont like it when cashiers engage in small talk. Bloody peasants should keep quiet

Latest

Trending

Trending